UCLA Commit Scores 92 in HS Game

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
This kid (and kid is appropriate here, he's a ~15 year old soph) has a whole lot of skill, and is going to keep growing into his body over the next few years. He has some very big holes in his game, as well, but plenty of time to work on it. I expect him to mature just as much emotionally as physically over the next few years. He should at the very least be a deadly shooter in college...and that can get a team very far (think Reddick, Curry, etc). Of course, I grew up a Bruins fan in LA, so I might be slightly biased in how I view the Ball boys.

Deleted member 2897

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Bastioned. He didn't get into a player's face, he got into the players' face. And he clearly doesn't know anything about basketball or coaching. Belittling young kids by poking fun at the mannerisms, their hair, or their facial expressions doesn't teach them what they are doing incorrectly or inadequately on the court.

I bet about 70% of AAU coaches are basically just like that.

Now, before all the AAU guys jump all over me, I know there are some good AAU coaches/guys. But not all of them are 'leaders of men'.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

That's so bad. As a dad, I feel sorry for the kid since he's becoming a pawn in his father's game.

As others have said, he actually has some skill. He's projecting to be a decent NCAA player. However, when your dad is putting you out there to the point where people are over-scrutinizing your game at age 15-16 and he's unlikely to actually force you to work on the holes in your game, he's unlikely to reach his ultimate potential. That would be a crime IMHO.

I mean, his dad's gonna keep putting him out there playing like that when any real coach would've sat him down. To his credit, IIUC, he came out and scored 50 the next game. Likely many of the shots looked exactly like them bricks he's throwing up in the video. They just happened to go in. Either that or he took 1,000 shots. Either way, the results don't necessarily suggest he vindicated himself or got better in any way. That's the problem.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
That's so bad. As a dad, I feel sorry for the kid since he's becoming a pawn in his father's game.

As others have said, he actually has some skill. He's projecting to be a decent NCAA player. However, when your dad is putting you out there to the point where people are over-scrutinizing your game at age 15-16 and he's unlikely to actually force you to work on the holes in your game, he's unlikely to reach his ultimate potential. That would be a crime IMHO.

I mean, his dad's gonna keep putting him out there playing like that when any real coach would've sat him down. To his credit, IIUC, he came out and scored 50 the next game. Likely many of the shots looked exactly like them bricks he's throwing up in the video. They just happened to go in. Either that or he took 1,000 shots. Either way, the results don't necessarily suggest he vindicated himself or got better in any way. That's the problem.

I did see the video of him playing Lonzo one on one and he does have some game. His father pushing all those boys to be OAD is going to ruin the two younger ones

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck

Or as in the original article in this thread, he did a lot of cherry picking and hit some easy layups.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

My question is why would anyone else play on his dad's AAU team? The only play seems to be: You play defense while my son waits beyond half court, when you get the ball or the other team scores throw it to my son so he can try to make highlights.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
My question is why would anyone else play on his dad's AAU team? The only play seems to be: You play defense while my son waits beyond half court, when you get the ball or the other team scores throw it to my son so he can try to make highlights.

Great question. Same applies to his HS team too. I can't see anyone who considers themselves equal or better wanting to be on their team. I imagine most are their 'boys' or w/e so there's some cache in being on the team. They'll all probably be execs at BBBrand once they surpass UA in the sneaker game. ;)

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
How have we let this blowhard get so much attention and apparently power? Wonder what his relationship to ESPN is because they can't stop talking about his every move.
He gets clicks. clicks = more eyes on ads. Of course ESPN talks about him

This is nothing more than the Kardashians of Basketball. We'll give them their own show and call it "Hanging with the Balls"

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This thread needs more @Peacone36 . This guy is his favorite human. :ROFLMAO:

Like @JacketFromUGA said, it's all about attention. Best believe the reality show is in the works. The biggest loser here is Lonzo Ball. He's a legit player in his own right.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Apples to bananas comparison (get it? Bananas? I'm here all week.). Her-murder-dez was gone from NE, Ball will be deeply involved at UCLA for a couple years at least.