U of Ill-Chicago

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Hey Danny, Ryan is not worth a sh-- anymore. Three blown games by him in the last 10 games. I told my wife whenthe runner reached third,that we w0uld lose on a wild pitch. Also kudos to Bailey on costing us a run in the ninth with stupid base running.
I would like to apologize for the attack I made on Ryan and Bailey. I get too frustrated with this team for my own good. I do think Hall needs to give someone else a shot at closing, maybe flip flop Datoc and Ryan.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I would like to apologize for the attack I made on Ryan and Bailey. I get too frustrated with this team for my own good. I do think Hall needs to give someone else a shot at closing, maybe flip flop Datoc and Ryan.
Better than punching a wall or something... you didn't punch a wall or something, did you?

One thing we can all agree on... this team provides lots of frustration.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Ryan has gone into a funk, whether mental or physical, he has gotten really bad in the last month with his ERA going from the 1's to 3.75 with several losses.

My point is that he's gone at the end of the year and since he isn't producing, it's time to cut way back on his participation. Cold and heartless for him but best for the team, especially next year. But Hall plays his seniors to the end, I call it the "Pitts Syndrome".

Yesterday's loss was a team loss. Not scoring was the biggest problem ..... I didn't like how we continue to go after early pitches against a dominant pitcher. Make him throw a couple to get the pitch count up. I think there was a 6 pitch inning he had. But it's the approach we have and it worked really well in the beginning of the season.

Yesterday, we had phenomenal pitching in both games. Curry is coming on and so is Gibson. Good to see for next year. Hope they go to summer ball in Cape Cod. http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/042817aaa.html
I agree with what you are saying about being too aggressive at the plate. That approach worked early in the season because we started out 9-1 against a bunch of nobodies. Now the word is out and teams are taking advantage of our swinging at early pitches. Most of our guys are suckers for low pitches or outside breaking pitches. They look like Charlie Brown used to look trying to kick a football with Lucy holding,they never seem to catch on.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Well, I'm a little disappointed that the team isn't playing today and I'm really disappointed that they couldn't win that second game. However, regardless of weather, I am ecstatic with the way the staff pitched yesterday. They were outstanding and our guys were pounding the zone. 2 walks and only one run in 17 and 2/3 innings is outstanding, I don't care who the opponent is or what the weather conditions were.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Now get the team home to study for finals. Next weekend we'll be much better because ........
-it's a home series in May (baseball weather...something Pittsburgh people can't experience EVER in Pittsburgh)
-exams in rear view (the little 'relax factor' real or perceived will loosen the team)
-the games are big (essentially-playoff games to 'survive' and make tournament)
-because I said so!!! (y)

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer

That's why I haven't posted this year because of the frustration and bad luck we seem to have. Doesn't mean I've giving up on our team, I would never do that but better to lay low before I make an *** of myself on this board.
Love your passion as well as others on this board. I salute you guys!(y)

Better than punching a wall or something.

Guilty as charge I'm afraid to say. Especially when we lose to certain teams.