U of Ill-Chicago

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Heard a disturbing (and unconfirmed) rumor at the game Tuesday night that Shaddy may be injured. Have the probable starters for this WE been posted yet?

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Heard a disturbing (and unconfirmed) rumor at the game Tuesday night that Shaddy may be injured. Have the probable starters for this WE been posted yet?
I have heard this as well. Then with the announced starters, it most likely is true. I have heard he has gotten (or is going to get) an MRI to assess the injury further.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
What are we doing that all our pitchers end up with a Tommy John? And no, I don't know anything, just totally pissed.

Ask them to throw a baseball overhand repeatedly with force.

Pitchers break man. It's what they do. TNSTAAPP.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
What are we doing that all our pitchers end up with a Tommy John? And no, I don't know anything, just totally pissed.
These injuries are on the pitching coach. I don't ever remember having as many arm injuries as the team has had before Howell came along. There has also been no improvement in the pitching from year to year while he has been here. I know that I sound like a broken record about Howell, but this was a make or break year for him (since Hall probably isn't going anywhere due to the extension) and he broke.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
If this is Tommy John, you can count on him being back for 2019, if then.
Unfortunately, that will probably be the case. In saying that, I think English will be back next year, but strictly as a first baseman or a DH. English probably won't be able to pitch until the very end of next year or 2019.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Unfortunately, that will probably be the case. In saying that, I think English will be back next year, but strictly as a first baseman or a DH. English probably won't be able to pitch until the very end of next year or 2019.

English will be an upgrade at first base. From the pitchers I've seen coming back, it's a year from surgery to pitch and most of another year to get the control back they are going to get back. I don't know if that is true in general, just 10 or so I know about including ones at UVa.

Well, it's a new day. We have won 4 of our last 6. Let's hope there is a magic transformation starting today.

Looking at the rain forecasts in Chicago, looks like we could get both games off today. Won't get another on off tomorrow unless we start early ...... like 10 AM. 47 degree rain has to be a home filed advantage for them!

Last edited: