Tulane is Next

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I want Jabari to make more of an impact. Didn't see a whole lot from him Thursday night.

As somebody else stated in another thread, we'll never know what defensive scheme was called, as JH played like his job was to contain the line against the run, and he drew many double-teams. On one LB blitz play he cleared out a very nice lane for Davis. Doing all that is a very quiet impact. Let's see what happens when teams try to run on his lane.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'll leave this here:

California 73, Grambling State 14
Louisiana Tech 62, Southern 15
Middle Tennessee 70, Jackson State 14
New Mexico 66, Mississippi Valley State 0
Cincinnati 52, Alabama A&M 10

So, are you suggesting that we need to put SWAC champion into context?

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
As somebody else stated in another thread, we'll never know what defensive scheme was called, as JH played like his job was to contain the line against the run, and he drew many double-teams. On one LB blitz play he cleared out a very nice lane for Davis. Doing all that is a very quiet impact. Let's see what happens when teams try to run on his lane.
I understand that concept, but I want to see him lose his mind after a sack or big hit. I think he's respected enough to get the entire team fired up after a big collision.

slugboy

Staff member
I think a lot of that was on Vad. I have confidence that that JT can run the base and auxiliary plays & execute.
I agree that the problem there was more in not making the reads and not making the base plays.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I think we will see how far our team has come in a year with Tulane as the measuring stick.

I like that we threw the ball around a little (unnecessarily) against Alcorn. We should use this game to throw it around a lot more.

Also, I really don't care how many points we score. Let's leave the first team O out there until we've seen enough. If we blow out Tulane, so be it. This is all about getting our first team O ready for South Bend. That's it. They need more reps.

Defense? Sacks? I don't care. Stops on 3rd and long? Again, I don't care. Just play some D. Don't lose the game. Get the necessary reps in so we're ready for the season.

/

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I just want everyone to stay healthy. I truly believe if we stay healthy we will go undefeated this year

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
No injuries; play hard, fast, and "clean" (no turnovers or penalties); exert your will/dominate both Lines of Scrimmage; GET turnovers. Also try to stay "vanilla" so you won't have to tip your hand for any new formations going forward.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Tulane will try to take some shots down the field. It should be a better test for our secondary

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
We will find out how good the ND Is against a blitz after next week. Tenuta will bring the heat.

Nixon_Corral

Georgia Tech Fan
I think this game will be a much more interesting "warm up" than Alcorn State was. I'll be interested to see some more of the first team offense and defense, but I'd also like those guys to stay healthy. Won't bother me if they're out before the half.