Tulane is Next

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not Notre Dame. Discuss.

I hope we clean some things up and get our #1 units a few more reps than last week. Although Two-lane struggled against Puke, they will present a greater challenge than our last opponent, I imagine. I want us to go a little deeper in the play book and make sure the youngsters have a grasp of what we are doing. We will always have some wrinkles in the game plan for following weeks. We won't be tipping our hand too much.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
My hope is that we hold them to 10 points. Convert all 3rd downs with our first string guys, and have no penalties from our first string guys. I am hoping our D has atleast 2 take aways.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Not Notre Dame. Discuss.

I hope we clean some things up and get our #1 units a few more reps than last week. Although Two-lane struggled against Puke, they will present a greater challenge than our last opponent, I imagine. I want us to go a little deeper in the play book and make sure the youngsters have a grasp of what we are doing. We will always have some wrinkles in the game plan for following weeks. We won't be tipping our hand too much.

Yup. That pretty much covered everything about the Tulane game. Sorry Boomer. I just don't think the Tulane game will tell us much. I want to see a clean game from GT, continued improvement, and the young 'uns get some reps. Aside from that, what is there really to discuss unless you're deconstructing game film?

Speaking of which, we're all waiting for the defense breakdown and player watching from Alcorn. :)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Based on the play by play and Box Score, it looks like Tulane's D benefited from a first year starter as opp qb, like against us last year.

Duke's D shut them down.

We should completely outclass them on both sides of the ball. Our O looks in midseason form already and our D looks much improved with much room for more improvement.

The game should also give us a benchmark of how our D compares to Duke's.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Last week On offense we showed very basic plays. Will we do the same at Tulane?

Plenty of orange bowl , fsu, uga film so we are not hiding the info.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I like the feel of this team. I don't know that we have any classic "talkers" to lead the team, but we have guys that simply go out there and get it done, and I love that. I saw a penn state offensive lineman yelling at his teammates yesterday while they were getting whooped by Temple. I don't think that did any good. If you go out and hit someone in the mouth and do your job, I think that speaks volumes. Actions speak louder than words, and I don't think our guys will take any game for granted this year. I expect us to roll, and I expect us to look good doing it.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I actually want to see a little adversity. Maybe some 3rd & longs or have our 1s on defense have to make a stop inside the 20 or 10. Just to see how some these young guys react

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
CPJ said every freshman looked brain dead for the first few plays. Hopefully that's over with, but I expect a repeat once they hit South Bend. Offensively, I want to see us work on two things to prepare for what's coming. I want Skov to have 20 carries. Miss St and uga showed us what a B Back can do to a defense over the length of a game, and we need to be sure we can repeat that. I also want Thomas to pass for 200 yds to show other teams they have to keep their safeties back from run support.

Defensively, I hope we work on pressuring the QB. We're going to need that against ND.

Not Notre Dame. Discuss.

We are 36-13 against Tulane all time, but have lost three or four in the last 35 years. We need to take care of the Green Wave, play a lot of people, stay healthy and then move on to Notre Dame. A big test on a big stage. We need to be ready.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I want CPJ to channel his inner June Jones against Tulane. I want VanGorder to spend a week paralyzed in horror.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
Full concentration, maximum intensity, full throttle, and minimal errors for 60 minutes by every Tech player on the field. Finish clearing the bench after halftime.