Tucker Gleason

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
You don’t earn PT during recruiting.
My opinion is the staff got Sims to commit by saying he was going to be the starter. Last thing you want is the other guy come in during mop up time and play well. Last thing CGC needs is QB controversy. Therefore Gleason is not gonna get in the game.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
Mills was just better than Marshall. If Gleason is not better than Yates then (in my opinion) he is not D1 material. I have no idea if this is the case but based on how things have played out to date that seems the case.

With all these lax transfer rules I think you can count on seeing wholesale movement of dissatisfied players moving all about between schools. I think this will be especially the case at Tech where we are building a culture of I before team. More important to build your individual brand than to be a great teammate.

Go Jackets!
This is very interesting since i have heard both coaches and players talk about the importance of being a great teammate. Maybe you have some inside knowledge.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
This literally makes no sense and would be the fastest way to lose your team.
How does it make no sense? I'm not saying Gleason is tearing it up at practice and the whole team can clearly see Gleason is better. I'm saying why make things harder than they have to be by put him in during mop up time. With Sims struggling with Turnovers last thing he wants is Gleason to do well vs vanilla defenses late in games and cause fans to second guess his judgement.... Seems pretty sound logic to me.

My opinion is the staff got Sims to commit by saying he was going to be the starter. Last thing you want is the other guy come in during mop up time and play well. Last thing CGC needs is QB controversy. Therefore Gleason is not gonna get in the game.
The Truth is that Sims was a legit 4* QB and an Elite 11 QB that finished the E11 Competition in the upper Half of those that competed

We are lucky & blessed that Sims chose us, Gleason just isn't on the same level as Sims, if you think the staff made promises to sign him, just look at the ball coming out his hand and the plays he can make in the passing game when given decent Pass-Pro

There is a reason that Yates was the 2nd QB we saw, and if Yates is better than Gleason then he has no argument

Sims vs our other QBs isn't a close competition and CDP knows this

Give Sims a couple of legit TEs and better Pass-Pro and watch how smart CGC & CDP become

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Brad Stewart, Clinton Lunch, Qua Searcy, Tobias Oliver, Brant Mitchell, Keshun Freeman, AJ Gray, Roddy Jones, Kirvonte Benson, Pressley Harvin, Harrison Butker, Bruce Swilling, Kyle CergeHenderson, Kenny Cooper, Jahaziel Lee, Parker Braun............

Some of those were redshirt freshmen. I know Lynch, Searcy, Benson, & Roddy did not play as true frosh.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
The Truth is that Sims was a legit 4* QB and an Elite 11 QB that finished the E11 Competition in the upper Half of those that competed

We are lucky & blessed that Sims chose us, Gleason just isn't on the same level as Sims, if you think the staff made promises to sign him, just look at the ball coming out his hand and the plays he can make in the passing game when given decent Pass-Pro

There is a reason that Yates was the 2nd QB we saw, and if Yates is better than Gleason then he has no argument

Sims vs our other QBs isn't a close competition and CDP knows this

Give Sims a couple of legit TEs and better Pass-Pro and watch how smart CGC & CDP become
Yeah you are probably right... For the record I really like Sims just surprised we haven't seen Gleason in mop up duty since this year doesn't count towards eligibility.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Yeah you are probably right... For the record I really like Sims just surprised we haven't seen Gleason in mop up duty since this year doesn't count towards eligibility.
Even though tis a free year perhaps gleason is not physically ready yet and they don't want to risk injury when a game is completley out of hand.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Even though tis a free year perhaps gleason is not physically ready yet and they don't want to risk injury when a game is completley out of hand.
Gleason is probably more ready than Yates or Graham. Gleason is a big kid too.
In Pat's time as an OC at other schools he has struggled to develop QBs. Some have STELLAR skills but they never make that next step. Take Sims turnover issues. I an curious if we ever see those go away to the point we are comfortable.

Until P can prove he can develop a QB I think we see Sims throwing 18 TDs and 13 INTs for 52% completion percentage in year 3 and rushing for 500 yards and 7 rushing TDs. While Gleason will rotate in with a higher completion percentage say 61% and 8 TDs and 1 INT. But we will go with Sims because he can run with the ball better. I feel like Gleason will be the game manager QB while Sims is the flash and dash QB. I know Temple had 2 QBs for a year up there where they used both. And I believe Dave used 2 in situations at his stop is Carolina.

Developing a player requires a lot of variables to go correctly. Talent, players willingness to develop the craft, players ability to understand the game in a deeper way, coaches ability to challenge the player in the right ways.But some programs seem to produce certain positions well. Producing QBs would be huge for us.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think we see Sims throwing 18 TDs and 13 INTs for 52% completion percentage in year 3 and rushing for 500 yards and 7 rushing TDs. While Gleason will rotate in with a higher completion percentage say 61% and 8 TDs and 1 INT. But we will go with Sims because he can run with the ball better. I feel like Gleason will be the game manager QB while Sims is the flash and dash QB.
How did you arrive at these numbers? Are you using Gleason's HS numbers to project his year three NCAA data?

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Just my opinion here but, seems to me Gleason is the Pro-Style type QB they want and will continue to recruit along with Sims. If anyone transfers or moves to a different position it would seem Graham and Yates would do so.

Deleted member 2897

How did you arrive at these numbers? Are you using Gleason's HS numbers to project his year three NCAA data?

giphy.gif

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Brad Stewart, Clinton Lunch, Qua Searcy, Tobias Oliver, Brant Mitchell, Keshun Freeman, AJ Gray, Roddy Jones, Kirvonte Benson, Pressley Harvin, Harrison Butker, Bruce Swilling, Kyle CergeHenderson, Kenny Cooper, Jahaziel Lee, Parker Braun............
Clinton and Qua redshirted. Tobias Redshirted. Roddy Jones Redshirted. Kirvonte Redshirted.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
We have a bit of a log jam at QB. We will probably lose at least one of these guys (Yates and Gleason) in the offseason especially if Chayden Peery ends up staying committed. Couldn't tell ya why he hasn't gotten a shot. I'll trust the guys who have watched him practice.