Travin Henry

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Em_Jae20, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Em_Jae20

Em_Jae20 Helluva Engineer

Can anyone here tell me what happened to Travin Henry? He was one of my favorite commits of his class that seemed like a big time sleeper. I know he got injured and redshirted his first year but I thought I'd hear a lot more from him this past season. Anybody know the deal?

2. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

I've wondered this myself. His highlight tape is probably the best highlight tape of any CPJ WR recruit that I've had a chance to see. (I never saw Stephen Hill's tape)

3. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

He's still young....just hit a wall this year and has been in trouble a couple of times.

Could see him on defense soon.

Ben Jones likes this.
  4. Matt E

Matt E Ramblin' Wreck

At what position?

5. gtg936g

gtg936g Helluva Engineer

I always thought he would make a good CB. I do not think he was very good at blocking.

6. Techster

I believe he played LB in HS.

7. Boomergump

Boomergump Moderator Staff Member

I thought I heard DE and WR. Odd combination I know, but I thought playing in the trenches would help with blocking a lot.

8. Techster

His tape does show him with his hands on the ground. In his interview with AJC he talks about LB:

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/01/29/wr-travin-henry-commits-to-georgia-tech/

He'd probably have to gain some weight to play DE on this level, whereas he'd be slightly undersized for OLB.

9. Oldgoldandwhite

Oldgoldandwhite Helluva Engineer

I also heard from someone close to him that a move to DB may be in his future.

10. techman78

techman78 Helluva Engineer

Heard he also had some knick knack injury problems early on that put him behind. Still would love to see him on O

11. Jerry the Jacket

Jerry the Jacket Helluva Engineer

He blew his knee out in his freshman fall camp. Went through surgery and rehab. Was ready for this season but I think he is one that could have used some more time to let the injury heal. Hopefully he will have more strength in the knee this coming season and can work out more and get stronger over all. He seems to be a bit immature as well.

Go Jackets!

12. swampsting

swampsting Helluva Engineer

In trouble for what? Grades? Late for meetings, practices? Sneaking strippers into hotel rooms? (Ok, that last one happened at Georgia Southern in 1996, the year before PJ gotback there. I know that violates his rule of "do right" but ....)

Henry is another kid I hope the light comes one for, along with Snoddy. Some kids it does take a while. Zzream Walden bounced from A back to D back to A back at Southern before eventually becoming a dynamite slotback.

13. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

He's 6'3 230+ good OLB size.

14. PowderSpringsJacket88

PowderSpringsJacket88 Helluva Engineer Retired Staff

Boomer is correct fellas. He actually has talked to CAM about making the switch his first year. I dont think it was a very serious conversation. However, if these R- freshman do well then don't be surprised if he moves to DE.

He actually had a great camp but hit a wall along with another small injury that kept him out for around 2 weeks I think. I think he will pan out somewhere.

Em_Jae20 likes this.
  15. vamosjackets

vamosjackets GT Athlete Featured Member

Man, these guys have to quit hitting these walls. I mean, what did the wall ever do to them?

16. PowderSpringsJacket88

PowderSpringsJacket88 Helluva Engineer Retired Staff

Yeah, they are an issue. The indoor facility has not always been the football teams friend :)

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  17. Eric

Henry would give DE a shot first.

18. bat_082994

bat_082994 Helluva Engineer

How much playing time do you think he gets at DE?

19. Eric

Well he hasn't made the move yet and that would be impossible to predict until we see him at that spot...would all depend on how natural he is at that position and how quick he would pick up on things.

He would prefer to play D.

bat_082994 likes this.
  20. Boomergump

Boomergump Moderator Staff Member

WR speed translates well to pass rushing, so long as the physical side is there too.