Transfers Out

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
One of those things that a lot of our fans like to trash other schools about and talk about how we’re not like all those other programs yet here we are...
I don't think anyone is pointing at specific guys, or wanting to run guys off...rather acknowledge that with major change/transition to leadership there is voluntary change to personnel that follows. It happens at all levels of society, the political realm, the corporate world and college football. Turnover is inevitable -- how much turnover is the question.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Other than OL is there anyone one we want to keep

Yeah a lot of guys. Carter would be a stud in any offense. Dolphus can stretch the field. BBs will be needed. Oliver needs touches in whatever offense we end up with.

I’m assuming you were talking about offense. We have a ton of talent returning on defense.

Animal02

Banned
I don't think anyone is pointing at specific guys, or wanting to run guys off...rather acknowledge that with major change/transition to leadership there is voluntary change to personnel that follows. It happens at all levels of society, the political realm, the corporate world and college football. Turnover is inevitable -- how much turnover is the question.
Yes turnover is inevitable......HOPING for turnover to vacate scholly's is disgusting.
'

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Cannot agree more.......it is disgusting some posting they hope kids transfer.
Agree, the guys hollering clean house were out of line.

Imo, We have underperformed at coaching fundamentals and play execution. I expect major improvement.

I think the chart that cgc talked about (msu) for balancing out the postions contains more than numbers per position. Probably has stats on strength, speed, etc. He surely realizes we have strength trained and conditioned for a run/virtually no pass offense. With some different training we can modify where we are. The issue for some of the guys close to grad is do I now work to add the weight they made me drop plus 20#, so I MIGHT get to play 1 year.

The giant problem is the passing and receiving. In the cal TCU game they are starting qb s that didn't take a snap before the last game. 7 point and 7 interceptions w 7 min to go in 3 rd.
Just like our qb does, these 2 qb look at the receiver the whole time. One safety has 3 int. How do we teach several QB to do reads and look safeties off.

We are in great need of a grad transfer qb and Helluva Qb coach

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah a lot of guys. Carter would be a stud in any offense. Dolphus can stretch the field. BBs will be needed. Oliver needs touches in whatever offense we end up with.

I’m assuming you were talking about offense. We have a ton of talent returning on defense.

What do we have returning on D? We played like 14-15 guys on D today, and at least 7 of those are leaving. Are we redshirting a ton of studs?

Edit* I see we did redshirt some guys. Walton, Dingle, Chizmeda and others. Thats good to know. Our def depth is so thin, idk any team that can get by without ever subsitutiing on D unless a player is hurt.

Last edited:

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m not trying to make an impetuous knee jerk reaction, but there are zero people on this staff or team that I would go to war for. Tonight’s performance was so effortless, that I don’t care who or how many people transfer. It’s time for a change, and Geoff Collins now has the platform to make it. Anyone who doesn’t want to fall in line with that needs to find the nearest door. He deserves the chance to build the program as he sees fit, and I’m fine with moving on with anyone who doesn’t want to get on board.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
There's a difference between wanting people to transfer out and just not being upset if anyone leaves. I don't want anyone to leave to open up a scholarship and definitely don't want anyone processed out. When you watch a bunch of players who clearly lack any sort of mental toughness and basically quit on the field for the 2nd time in 2 years, you certainly aren't going to be upset seeing anyone leave outside maybe about 4-5 guys.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
Any predictions on how many out before Fall Camp?

I imagine we'll hear of a few rather shortly.
After what I saw today there are quite a few that need to go based on effort, execution and making "business decisions" on defense. Not a damn one of them will play in the league anyway so why not sell out? Some are seniors and some are not. If that's the best they got to give in the final game for a coach they supposedly love then process their asses. Collins can turn on the tape and see it for himself. The eye in the sky doesn't lie.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
What do we have returning on D? We played like 14-15 guys on D today, and at least 7 of those are leaving. Are we redshirting a ton of studs?

Edit* I see we did redshirt some guys. Walton, Dingle, Chizmeda and others. Thats good to know. Our def depth is so thin, idk any team that can get by without ever subsitutiing on D unless a player is hurt.

Adams finished the season looking like an All-ACC DT entering next year. Chimedza, Owens, Dingle on the DL. LBs are pretty loaded. Most of the secondary returns after being 1st year starters in 2018.

Animal02

Banned
After what I saw today there are quite a few that need to go based on effort, execution and making "business decisions" on defense. Not a damn one of them will play in the league anyway so why not sell out? Some are seniors and some are not. If that's the best they got to give in the final game for a coach they supposedly love then process their asses. Collins can turn on the tape and see it for himself. The eye in the sky doesn't lie.
Could not disagree more......not ONE needs to go. I don't give a rats *** if the will play in the league or not. People like you are not fans.....and are disgusting.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Yes turnover is inevitable......HOPING for turnover to vacate scholly's is disgusting.
'

Well, I understand the sentiment, but not really. Think about it: if any of the players we have now aren’t suited for the new offensive scheme and the new 4-3 defensive alignment, I would think they’d rather go somewhere where they can play. It’s not that we’ll force anyone out, it’s just that everyone should be able to make his own decision — and that, I turn, will benefit both the player and the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I have no problem with CGC telling our players that ALL of them need to prove themselves, and some of them may need to change positions. If they get buried in the depth chart, then work harder. If they don't like it, or don't feel like the new offense or defense fits them and they decide to leave, that's their perogative. That's not on CGC.

Anyone who thinks CGC should tell guys who don't fit his plans to kick rocks to make way for someone else...you should probably kick rocks yourselves. GT isn't about our SAs paying the price for decisions made above them, or because they were caught in transition. No one told them that they would be "processed" when they signed their LOI's, and no one told them they would be caught between coaches. GT is better than that, and that's why we can hold our heads up high versus factories.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well, I understand the sentiment, but not really. Think about it: if any of the players we have now aren’t suited for the new offensive scheme and the new 4-3 defensive alignment, I would think they’d rather go somewhere where they can play. It’s not that we’ll force anyone out, it’s just that everyone should be able to make his own decision — and that, I turn, will benefit both the player and the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s a reasonable take. It’s not the same take others have had in their post bowl loss rants. At least none have had the balls to call out any numbers or names. That would be worse than disgusting.

Edit: @Techster said it better.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Most kids are here to play football, not become Electrical Engineers, so I hope they get a chance to go where they can play. However, we do owe them 4 years if they desire to stay here. Note, 4 years, I do not think we necessarily owe them 5 years.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Most kids are here to play football, not become Electrical Engineers, so I hope they get a chance to go where they can play. However, we do owe them 4 years if they desire to stay here. Note, 4 years, I do not think we necessarily owe them 5 years.

Serious question - aren’t the scholarships one year contracts? I don’t think I agree with processing players out, but what if you have a player who isn’t necessarily breaking team rules to warrant kicking him out of the program, but he’s not working hard enough to deserve a scholarship/free ride when a walk-on player is?