Transfer Portal

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Reed Schaefer, LHP. Transfer from Ariz. to GT. Rising Sophomore. #1 LHP in Nevada; #76 LHP in the Nation. 6’3” 205. Hometown: Las Vegas, Nev.
High School: Desert Oasis HS.
Arizona 2022 (Freshman)
Made one relief appearance in true freshman season...Collegiate debut on Feb. 22 against Grand Canyon (1.0,1,2,1,1,1).

High School
Prepped at Desert Oasis High School in Las Vegas...Lettered four years in baseball under head coach Paul Buboltz and three years in tennis...Finished prep career ranked by Perfect Game as the No. 1 left-handed pitcher in Nevada for the 2021 class...Perfect Game Preseason Underclass All-American in 2020 and Preseason All-American in 2021...Excelled in the classroom, earning Academic All-State honors four times.

Personal
Reed Patrick Schaefer...Son of Brett and Jessica Schaefer...One older brother, Cole...Majoring in Mathematics with an emphasis in Economics and Business...Brother played baseball at the College of Southern Nevada...Enjoys playing pool basketball and watching movies in his free time...Third generation Wildcat...Chose Arizona because, "I have been a fan and attended games my entire life. I also wanted a chance to play at a premier program while working towards my degree."

Injured last year? Only 1.0 IP.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
How many players are on the roster going in Fall? Seems like about 60. Lol

Beesball has 25 coming in (commits and transfers).

So a bunch.

But 40 man roster limit. One thing I didn't remember from article below is the number of minor league teams went from 162 to 120. So less draft demand contributing to more players staying longer.