Transfer Portal

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
BRETT BARFIELD
Position:LHP
Year:Freshman
Height:6-2 Weight: 210
Hometown:Cumming, Ga.
FSU portal Trf. to Ga.Tech(3 yrs. remaining)
High School:North Forsyth

FRESHMAN (2023):
Pitched in relief in seven games, finishing 0-1 with a 15.88 ERA…struck out three batters in 5.2 innings pitched…career-high 1.2 innings at North Florida (4/19)…struck out batters against Virginia (3/26), Miami (3/31) and UNF…did not allow a run three times, against Boston College (3/17), Virginia (3/25) and in final appearance against Notre Dame (4/29).

PERSONAL:
Graduated from North Forsyth High in Cumming, Georgia…ranked the No. 2 left-handed pitcher in Georgia and No. 313 nationally by Perfect Game…2022 Offensive Player of the Year in Region 6AAAAAAA…three-time All-Region, two-time first team All-State from the Georgia Dugout Club…North Forsyth Team MVP as a senior…over 56.0 innings at PG events in 2021-22, did not allow an earned run…also played football and basketball at North Forsyth…parents are Brad and Amy Barfield…sisters Alyson and Amanda…majoring in criminology…born on February 16, 2004.

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Camren Landry
Position: Right-Handed Pitcher
Height: 6-3
Weight: 190
Class: Sr.
Hometown: Johns Creek
High School: Centennial
Grad. Trf. from Ga.St. to Ga.Tech

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=landry000cam

ACADEMIC HONORS
• Sun Belt Conference Commissioner's List, 2019-20; 2020-21
• President’s List, Fall 2019; Spring 2020; Fall 2021
• Dean’s List, Fall 2020; Spring 2021; Spring 2022; Fall 2022

AT GEORGIA STATE: Right-handed pitcher with three career wins, one save and 4.91 ERA in 33 appearances ... Has 73 strikeouts in 66 innings ... Outstanding student who has made the President’s List (4.0 GPA) or Dean’s List (3.5 GPA) every semester.

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Barfield will be a Soph.; 3 years of eligibility remaining.

- Camren Landry // Position: Right-Handed Pitcher // Height: 6-3 Weight: 190 //Class: Sr.
Hometown: Johns Creek // High School: Centennial //Grad. Trf. from Ga.St. to Ga.Tech

- BRETT BARFIELD // Position:LHP // Year:Soph. // Height:6-2 Weight: 210 Hometown:Cumming, Ga. // FSU portal Trf. to Ga.Tech(3 yrs. remaining) // High School:North Forsyth

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Some new names appeared at the end.
Good to see some destinations
1689292652094.png

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve heard there is a chance for a Grad. Trf.
Fitted, what say you?
It’s been quiet since the draft. We lost a potential grad transfer who committed to a sec school over tech and then ended up getting drafted in the 19th round. It would have been a huge get. Apparently it looks like we are now going to lose Kyle Henley to the mlb draft. We desperately need another lefty pitcher and bat. That’s all I got.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Hoping the announcement is Reid is staying with us!!!!
Correct me if I’m wrong, but Reid had a professional tryout(for lack of a better term, for a camp)right after he went into the portal? The only times that I hear of someone going back to the original school is when they don’t get interest from the programs that they desire? Please let a miracle occur and have S.R. reverse course! Not to be a downer, but odds are not too good for the Jackets.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Correct me if I’m wrong, but Reid had a professional tryout(for lack of a better term, for a camp)right after he went into the portal? The only times that I hear of someone going back to the original school is when they don’t get interest from the programs that they desire? Please let a miracle occur and have S.R. reverse course! Not to be a downer, but odds are not too good for the Jackets.
If Reid decides to stay in college for another year I hope he looks in the rear view mirror and sees how much he has improved under Ramsey and would benefit from another year of his mentorship. Reid's first year or so he was almost an automatic K on outside breaking balls. Under Ramsey he now hits for average as well as power and has gone from a strictly pull hitter to someone who hits to all fields.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Here is the reality: Stephen needs one more semester to graduate. This spring would be Stephen’s fifth season at Tech. Although he gets another year because of Covid, most schools make a four year commitment to a player relative to an athletic scholarship. So Stephen would return to take presumably with no scholarship money and finish his degree. Then he would need to apply and attend a graduate program again presumably at his own expense. Stephen is from out of state. Tech Baseball had the 2023-2024 baseball money spent years ago. Not sure what is left for scholarship and NIL after this past draft, but this is the current situation. Lastly, not all players love school so much they have a desire to go to graduate school. Older players get little to no money to sign pro contracts after playing five years of college. There is no benefit from a baseball standpoint to returning to school. In sum, it’s likely Stephen doesn’t play baseball at Tech next season. For what it’s worth, I would be really happy for the program if he did manage to return. The ACC is a big boy league and Reid is a strong man.