Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Love these transfers, but still think football is all about the line of scrimmage. We need better O linemen and better D linemen.

Yes, its's like looking for unicorns, I guess.
Totally agree that OL and DL are the keys. We brought in some new ones on both sides of the ball from HS and the portal and it sounds like we aren't done and that there's a chance for more from the portal in those units. The question is whether they will have enough positive impact to make a difference. I sure hope so.

Of course that doesn't mean we didn't need help at other spots and I'm very glad we've been doing everything we can to shore up every part of the team.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Totally agree that OL and DL are the keys. We brought in some new ones on both sides of the ball from HS and the portal and it sounds like we aren't done and that there's a chance for more from the portal in those units. The question is whether they will have enough positive impact to make a difference. I sure hope so.

Of course that doesn't mean we didn't need help at other spots and I'm very glad we've been doing everything we can to shore up every part of the team.

Just hate that we lost Joseph and Boyd. Still could really use a couple DL that have played some football. 🤞🏻

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Let's start with you....did you give to the AT Fund? Did you renew/get season tix? I'm not mocking you, I hope you did both, just using you as an example. We all know its about money, to improve staff, to improve NIL opportunities, improve facilities, etc. Yet so many here think that having a wait and see before they donate mentality is the best way forward. I understand how upset they are, but did uga fans withhold money to fire Richt? They voiced their displeasure online and to the AD, but those mutts still donated. Now look at them. Like CGC, hate CGC, like ADTS or hate ADTS, the name of the game now is donate donate donate.
Maybe if every person had kept season tix or kept donating over the past 3 years,

LOL, dude, I know you want to make a point (and I agree with your sentiment), but you picked the wrong poster to reply on this one. You must not know my posting history if you're asking me that question.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Just hate that we lost Joseph and Boyd. Still could really use a couple DL that have played some football. 🤞🏻
Did we lose Joseph? I haven’t seen him announce anything other than he took a visit to Arky which doesn’t bode well.

Also, this reaction from Kyler Glover has me wondering.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
LOL, dude, I know you want to make a point (and I agree with your sentiment), but you picked the wrong poster to reply on this one. You must not know my posting history if you're asking me that question.
As I said, I wasn't mocking you. Im not going to delve into each posters past comments when I refer to a specific comment. I'm glad for what you have done, will do and are doing. Weird that you took it as a slight against you. But, let's just keep pushing OUR organization to bigger and better horizions.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
YES sir! 8 Dbs, 5 TEs--but not enough OLs to have a Spring game - hmmmm
We need more than depth and practice dummies.
Hope some of the transplants can blossom. RJ Adams, Paul Tchio, and Pierce Quick have some potential. Corey Robinson is a major longshot.
OL could be our Achilles heel, as usual, and the season hinges on being able to cobble together a cohesive and effective unit up front.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
We need more than depth and practice dummies.
Hope some of the transplants can blossom. RJ Adams, Paul Tchio, and Pierce Quick have some potential. Corey Robinson is a major longshot.
OL could be our Achilles heel, as usual, the season hinges on being able to cobble together a cohesive and effective unit up front.
I know this is way out there, but once in a blue moon we find a walk-on that out performs scholarship players. I know that is a reach, but is there a site that shows our PWOs for 2022?

JacketFan137

Banned
Love these transfers, but still think football is all about the line of scrimmage. We need better O linemen and better D linemen.

Yes, its's like looking for unicorns, I guess.
ultimately at the college and nfl level no one is ever satisfied with their line. it’s by far the hardest thing to build and basically the reason why football has largely been alabama vs everyone else every year for the last decade.

it’s always gonna be hard to build the o line here so i think it’s going to be just as much about chip long adjusting to our deficiencies