Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
While our OL transfers haven’t been all conference in the least, just perusing our depth chart tells me we need a couple more for next year. We lose Cochran, Johnson, Cooper and probably Kirby if he can’t get a medical. No word on if Minihan will be back.
We have Franklin, Williams, Pendley, Vailupu, Lay coming back with experience. Need to look for one at T, G, and C imo

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
The conjecture about Gibbs has been ridiculous considering how quiet the guy is and how he keep everything close to the vest including his recruitment.

It’s ludicrous for anyone to make a prediction on that.

I know that if I was him I would stay one more year instead of the transfer and go to the NFL.
Come back to my post in a few days or a week

bos

Helluva Engineer
The conjecture about Gibbs has been ridiculous considering how quiet the guy is and how he keep everything close to the vest including his recruitment.

I know that if I was him I would stay one more year instead of the transfer and go to the NFL.

Just curious, why do you think Gibbs would want to stay one more year? We all want that, but it's not crazy to assume he's gone.

He can be a feature back almost anywhere he decides to go with much better blocking and where he can win a lot more games.

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow

Unfortunately there have been more rumors popping up the last few days and not just on tech sites. I hope not but I’m preparing myself for bad news.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Come back to my post in a few days or a week
I look at these situations with a sense of a stonewall Jackson’s analogy about religion, but I think it applies here. Let’s suppose you’re right, and he leaves. Other than you being “correct” about a take before it happens, how is this good for anybody? You want a congrats for calling him leaving? This is making you look like you would rather be right than have him here. Now suppose you’re wrong and he stays…. Not only are you wrong, but you also look like you don’t care if he goes.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
I look at these situations with a sense of a stonewall Jackson’s analogy about religion, but I think it applies here. Let’s suppose you’re right, and he leaves. Other than you being “correct” about a take before it happens, how is this good for anybody? You want a congrats for calling him leaving? This is making you look like you would rather be right than have him here. Now suppose you’re wrong and he stays…. Not only are you wrong, but you also look like you don’t care if he goes.
Lol, what? Just responding to a thread about who’s entering and coming from the portal. I’m pissed that Gibbs is leaving, I’m just saying check back in a few days/week when it becomes official.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
and since when in the past several years has UT been a factory? Florida and GA have dominated the SEC East for a long time. If Gibbs decides to leave and go anywhere other than GA, I would wish him well. But of course, I would love for him to at least wait on the OC hire to make a final decision (if he is actually considering a transfer). He does have to decide on anything prior to the end of the year.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Lol, what? Just responding to a thread about who’s entering and coming from the portal. I’m pissed that Gibbs is leaving, I’m just saying check back in a few days/week when it becomes official.
So, you're saying you have inside information? If so, then you should be more clear. Otherwise, it just looks like you're rumormongering and talking down about your team.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
So, you're saying you have inside information? If so, then you should be more clear. Otherwise, it just looks like you're rumormongering and talking down about your team.
Don’t see how this is talking down on the team. I’ve been right a few times on things like this. It’s not that shocking that he would transfer. All I will say is I know some people and hearing this is essentially a done deal

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
If you’re Gibbs, why wouldn’t you go to a place like Alabama and get the spotlight for a year? He sure as hell isn’t going to be on a contending team next year at GT and be on prime time/CBS often. Seems like easiest decision possible.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
I really think you are missing what message boards do / are for. This isn't a news site... Speculation and rumors are part of the deal. IIWII. Can just pass over the posts...

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
Like I said just like his announcement where everybody that was weak in the knees thought he was a lock for Ohio State because of some mom posting something, there is absolutely no way anyone knows anything.

Until he actually enters the portal I will not discuss or perpetuate rumors among weak fans.

Like forensic mentioned, what good does it do besides trying to be a me first idiot.

Also I’ll keep your post when he comes back because for all you know the worst odds are 50/50 just from a gamblers perspective.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Gibbs is going to UT
What is his connection to UT? Next closest school to Dalton? It seems like he has a great bond with Choice and we are doing a good job showcasing him for the NFL, which is only one year away for him. If he wants a championship, it seems he would be looking at Bama, UGA, or Ohio State. With a better OC here, he has a shot at the Heisman to go along with an almost complete degree from Tech.