Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

JacketFan137

Banned
So is it TE or DE? Guess it could be either depending on need but seems like we are okay at TE.
his twitter has “transfer portal edge rusher” guessing that’s what he intends on playing. we actually have a decent TE rotation with the transfers we got so i think he has a quicker path to the field as an edge

Techster

Helluva Engineer
his twitter has “transfer portal edge rusher” guessing that’s what he intends on playing. we actually have a decent TE rotation with the transfers we got so i think he has a quicker path to the field as an edge

Our TE situation is probably worse than our OL situation. Our best TE right now is Dylan Leonard, a former walk on. Transfer Luke Benson has the tools to be good TE in Long's system, but right now his history at Syracuse doesn't exactly scream a future All conference TE. His best season was his freshmen season (8 rec, 176 yards, 0 TDs), and his production declined since then. Syracuse didn't utilize TEs the way Long's system does, so it's possible our TEs could become a major weapon. Until that happens, there are definitely more questions than answers.

JacketFan137

Banned
Our TE situation is probably worse than our OL situation. Our best TE right now is Dylan Leonard, a former walk on. Transfer Luke Benson has the tools to be good TE in Long's system, but right now his history at Syracuse doesn't exactly scream a future All conference TE. His best season was his freshmen season (8 rec, 176 yards, 0 TDs), and his production declined since then. Syracuse didn't utilize TEs the way Long's system does, so it's possible our TEs could become a major weapon. Until that happens, there are definitely more questions than answers.
we also have ej jenkins who has p5 production. te is nice but we mainly need bodies there. even if the situation was worse (it’s not) it’s nowhere near as big of a deal.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
we also have ej jenkins who has p5 production. te is nice but we mainly need bodies there. even if the situation was worse (it’s not) it’s nowhere near as big of a deal.

Forgot about EJ...is he a TE or WR. He played WR at USCe.

EJ's best season came at the FCS level. He played 1 season at USC. OK production in 2021 at WR. Personally, I think his potential at TE is far higher than at WR...especially in Long's system.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Long putting in some work. TE room will look much different next year. Very nice.

Looks like he was a OLB at ucla.
Nice pickup. Are we bringing him in as a TE? Probably can help most at LB, I'm speculating. A bit light for DE at 230?
I can see the advantage of bringing in players low on the depth chart mainly due to youth, as opposed to underachieving 4-stars.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We have 8 listed as TE on ramblingreck site. I am sure a few are walk ons. Most in the 250 lb range. Can they block with good hands. I expect to see Blackburn at the other end or in passing situations. He came in with a lot of hype but a little light as a blocker so likely more of a WR type. Using the TE more can help get the ball out quicker and help slow the rush. I am interested to see the offense under Long.

SupportPO

Georgia Tech Fan

Hoping Peje Harris is a good fit at TE.

Lot of unproven guys in that groom like Postma, Ward, etc.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Aside from the new guys, Peje Harris honestly looked fantastic in the spring game. They put some new size on him and he was extremely physical blocking and post-catch

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Aside from the new guys, Peje Harris honestly looked fantastic in the spring game. They put some new size on him and he was extremely physical blocking and post-catch

I've wanted Peje Harris at TE for a while. Said it years ago that's where he needed to play.

Maybe one day our coaches will take my advice on personnel :)