Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
This portal thing is going to be a "crisis" every year.

In non-rev sports, players have been allowed 1 transfer w/o sitting out for a long time. Makes sense to allow FB that too. With coaching changes and what-not, you never know how it will go.

It's going to be something to deal with every year now. The NIL possibilities will exacerbate it.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Nice write up from KS at thaAJC.

That's a really good article to read. Not only to go through the mind of an SA and their thought process, but he also made a comment about the direction of the defense. It appears our defense is installing a new scheme. Maybe CGC can revive his "Minister of Mayhem" reputation next season.

Also, man, Jordan seems like such a really good guy in that article. He didn't say anything to reflect badly on our program or coaches, and you can tell Ken was digging a bit for some of it. Said some really good things about our program, our new coaches, and his teammates. Credit to Jordan's parents for raising a good person.

Sounds like he has some REALLY good options (Auburn, Arkansas, Indiana, Iowa State and Penn State mentioned) not only for pursuing his academic and career goals, but football opportunities.

JacketFan137

Banned
This portal thing is going to be a "crisis" every year.

In non-rev sports, players have been allowed 1 transfer w/o sitting out for a long time. Makes sense to allow FB that too. With coaching changes and what-not, you never know how it will go.

It's going to be something to deal with every year now. The NIL possibilities will exacerbate it.
i think eventually it will settle a little bit once the covid year is done. as of now there’s just so many players in college football cause guys are getting that extra year. so many guys that would have been done have an extra year and they’re clogging rosters a little in some schools. underclass men are transferring cause they’re stuck behind a 6th year player.

i mean most of our guys haven’t even committed anywhere yet cause it’s just too many people in there

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
That's a really good article to read. Not only to go through the mind of an SA and their thought process, but he also made a comment about the direction of the defense. It appears our defense is installing a new scheme. Maybe CGC can revive his "Minister of Mayhem" reputation next season.

Also, man, Jordan seems like such a really good guy in that article. He didn't say anything to reflect badly on our program or coaches, and you can tell Ken was digging a bit for some of it. Said some really good things about our program, our new coaches, and his teammates. Credit to Jordan's parents for raising a good person.

Sounds like he has some REALLY good options (Auburn, Arkansas, Indiana, Iowa State and Penn State mentioned) not only for pursuing his academic and career goals, but football opportunities.
From the article:
“The new defensive scheme that they thought up is crazy. I would definitely love to play it."

This is intriguing. Hope it includes some new blitz schemes.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Too bad we are not allowed to have any degrees that aren't about Research. I was not involved w research. Seems like we could benefit football and others by dividing part of undergrads research and non research. The non research group could take a less research type class w a few special classes from ga state.
The rest of the research guys could keep supporting the gt research professors . A couple of the researchers are in national news

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Too bad we are not allowed to have any degrees that aren't about Research. I was not involved w research. Seems like we could benefit football and others by dividing part of undergrads research and non research. The non research group could take a less research type class w a few special classes from ga state.
The rest of the research guys could keep supporting the gt research professors . A couple of the researchers are in national news
It seems like there must be a way to leverage research and help the football players. Virginia Tech did all that research on the safety of football helmets.

I wish we could get creative and find a way to merge the two. Even if it is not hard science. Could be soft science like Social Media research, or music or video with all the movies being made in midtown. There are huge opportunities in Atlanta with its unique music and video scene. Just need to find a way to leverage it

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
It seems like there must be a way to leverage research and help the football players. Virginia Tech did all that research on the safety of football helmets.

I wish we could get creative and find a way to merge the two. Even if it is not hard science. Could be soft science like Social Media research, or music or video with all the movies being made in midtown. There are huge opportunities in Atlanta with its unique music and video scene. Just need to find a way to leverage it
There are degrees in music technology. Is this what you mean?

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Admittedly been ignoring "the list" for a bit as things had slowed down after school started back. But business seems to be picking back about as Spring ball is starting. Figured it was as good a time as any to revisit. Getting thin on potential incoming transfers. But hearing that coaches are working the portal. I guess they're being quiet about it?

I'm sure I missed some updates in all the chatter. Just let me know.

GT Portal Entries:
- Jared Ivey
- Jamious Griffin (pt 2)
- Wesley Walker
- Michael Lockhart
- Jordan Domineck

Out of Consideration for GT
- Javon Baker - committed to Kentucky
- Romello Height - committed to USC(w)
- Ryan Johnson - committed to Northwestern
- Jeremy Lucien - committed to Vanderbilt
- Dylan McDuffie - recommitted to Buffalo
- Caleb Williams - committed to USC(w)
- Naquon Brown - committed to Norfolk State
- Ian Matthews - committed to Missouri

NamePositionYear
Staying
Dontae SmithRB2018
Ayinde EleyLB2017
Zamari WaltonDB2018
GT Portal EntriesCommitted To
Khaya WrightLB2020
Jahmyr GibbsRB2020Alabama
Jordan YatesQB2019
Jamal CampOL2019
Tony AmersonRB2019
Jaquon GriffinDL2018Coastal Carolina
Chayden PeeryQB2021
Adonicus SandersWR2017
Jared IveyDL2020
Jamious GriffinRB2019
Wesley WalkerS2019
Michael LockhartDL2019
Jordan DomineckEdge2018
GT Draft Entries
Juanyeh ThomasDB2018
Jordan MasonRB2017
Tobias OliverDB2017
Tre SwillingDB2017
Azende ReyKR/WR2017
Quez JacksonLB2018
Incoming Transfers
Luke BensonTE2019Syracuse
Paul TchioOG2020Clemson
Pierce QuickOL2019Alabama
Zach GibsonQB2019Akron
Ahmari HarveyS2021Auburn
Hassan HallRB2018Louisville
Khari GeeS2021Notre Dame
Possible Transfer In
Jamin GrahamDL2019Nebraska
Antwan RobertsRB2021Wisconsinhttps://247sports.com/Player/Antwan-Roberts-46082847/
Jake TongesTE2017Cal
Chris EdmundsS2019Samford
Kaemen MarleyWR2021Tennesseehttps://247sports.com/Player/Kaemen-Marley-46057189/
Tillman WeaverDL2021Ohiohttps://247sports.com/Player/Tillman-Weaver-46113302/
Christian MalloyRB2018Coastal Carolinahttps://247sports.com/Player/Christian-Malloy-83459/

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Admittedly been ignoring "the list" for a bit as things had slowed down after school started back. But business seems to be picking back about as Spring ball is starting. Figured it was as good a time as any to revisit. Getting thin on potential incoming transfers. But hearing that coaches are working the portal. I guess they're being quiet about it?

I'm sure I missed some updates in all the chatter. Just let me know.

GT Portal Entries:
- Jared Ivey
- Jamious Griffin (pt 2)
- Wesley Walker
- Michael Lockhart
- Jordan Domineck

Out of Consideration for GT
- Javon Baker - committed to Kentucky
- Romello Height - committed to USC(w)
- Ryan Johnson - committed to Northwestern
- Jeremy Lucien - committed to Vanderbilt
- Dylan McDuffie - recommitted to Buffalo
- Caleb Williams - committed to USC(w)
- Naquon Brown - committed to Norfolk State
- Ian Matthews - committed to Missouri

NamePositionYear
Staying
Dontae SmithRB2018
Ayinde EleyLB2017
Zamari WaltonDB2018
GT Portal EntriesCommitted To
Khaya WrightLB2020
Jahmyr GibbsRB2020Alabama
Jordan YatesQB2019
Jamal CampOL2019
Tony AmersonRB2019
Jaquon GriffinDL2018Coastal Carolina
Chayden PeeryQB2021
Adonicus SandersWR2017
Jared IveyDL2020
Jamious GriffinRB2019
Wesley WalkerS2019
Michael LockhartDL2019
Jordan DomineckEdge2018
GT Draft Entries
Juanyeh ThomasDB2018
Jordan MasonRB2017
Tobias OliverDB2017
Tre SwillingDB2017
Azende ReyKR/WR2017
Quez JacksonLB2018
Incoming Transfers
Luke BensonTE2019Syracuse
Paul TchioOG2020Clemson
Pierce QuickOL2019Alabama
Zach GibsonQB2019Akron
Ahmari HarveyS2021Auburn
Hassan HallRB2018Louisville
Khari GeeS2021Notre Dame
Possible Transfer In
Jamin GrahamDL2019Nebraska
Antwan RobertsRB2021Wisconsinhttps://247sports.com/Player/Antwan-Roberts-46082847/
Jake TongesTE2017Cal
Chris EdmundsS2019Samford
Kaemen MarleyWR2021Tennesseehttps://247sports.com/Player/Kaemen-Marley-46057189/
Tillman WeaverDL2021Ohiohttps://247sports.com/Player/Tillman-Weaver-46113302/
Christian MalloyRB2018Coastal Carolinahttps://247sports.com/Player/Christian-Malloy-83459/

Just curious as to what happened to Albany Casey. I understood he came in with multiple knee injuries during HS but see he is no longer on the roster and no explanation.