Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
This is probably as good a place as any to post this. This is our current pool of players for defense. These are guys who are either returning starters, depth chart listees, or transfers.

Interior
Makius Scott 6’4 295
Zeek Biggers 6’6 341
Horace Lockett 6’6 337
Ayo Tifase 6’5 300
Shymeik Jones 6’5 283

End
Eddie Kelly 6’4 274
Sylvain Yondjouen 6’4 257
Josh Robinson 6’6 259
Kevin Harris 6’4 241
Jack Barton 6’4 265

Linebacker
Kyle Efford 6’2 230
EJ Lightsey 6’2 225
Jackson Hamilton 6’ 225
Jacob Cruz 6’4 232
Nacari Ashley 6’3 210
Austin Dean 6’2 225

Secondary
LaMiles Brooks 6’2 192
Clayton Powell-Lee 6’2 175
Omar Daniels 6’0 178
Ahmari Harvey 6’0 174
Khari Gee 6’2 202
Rodney Shelley 5’11 165
DJ Moore 6’1 188
Warren Burrell 6’ 190
Syeed Gibbs 6’ 180
Taye Seymore 5’11 203
Good list. In addition we have 3 RF who appear to be CBs: Brown, Jones, Dowdell. Hopefully one or two will step up. From the list above there are 4 safeties, 5 CBs, and only one N. Somebody else has to emerge as a N, or a safety or CB has to move. Burrell seems to meet the size/skill. The new coach seems to like versatility (lots of cross training) so this may not be as big of a deal as it appears.

gtee91

Georgia Tech Fan
At this point, with our new DC just starting, this is not too bad IMO. Hopefully no more losses and add some solid depth.
This year is weird because 2 playoff teams changed coaches and who knows if Harbaugh goes to NFL. Alabama players then Washington players then Arizona players, maybe Michigan players...the portal is like a roller coaster and with so much going on I am not sure we will lose anyone else because they may not be able to find another home

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
This year is weird because 2 playoff teams changed coaches and who knows if Harbaugh goes to NFL. Alabama players then Washington players then Arizona players, maybe Michigan players...the portal is like a roller coaster and with so much going on I am not sure we will lose anyone else because they may not be able to find another home
If we take in more players from portal or HS recruits we will lose more to the portal IMO, but we will be upgrading when we do I'm pretty sure. That appears to be the game for us over the next couple years IMO. GT will be a desired place to come play for some talented players. Yes the money is important but there will be other things about us that will be important to them also.

Last edited:

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I don’t keep up with this stuff anymore. Is he graduating from Tech but still has eligibility?
High School credits, early enrollee, and summer school makes it possible for lots of players to graduate ahead of their playing eligibility expiration. In addition some of these players still have the extra year of 'COVID". Examples are Kennard, Johnson, Douse, Leftwich, and Wallace.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Is he a grad? If so, all the best. If not, then Leftwich got a lot of PT last season and was an integral part of one of the most prolific O in the ACC - one with the returning star QB back and numerous skill players for next season. He is leaving for a program in flux offensively with a HC whose seat is a little bit warm. Unless this is academic or money related, I don't see the motive. However, it is his decision to make, so more power to him.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
How many guys have put their name in the portal only to pull back out for us?

Tatum
Felix
Janneh?
Cooley?

I feel like there might be more I'm missing.

gtee91

Georgia Tech Fan
How many guys have put their name in the portal only to pull back out for us?

Tatum
Felix
Janneh?
Cooley?

I feel like there might be more I'm missing.
Janneh and Cooley have posted a lot of weird stuff on social media but I do not recall formal entry to portal