Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Why comment? I was very clear that GT is hard and not fun. Do you disagree? If say do. If not what is you point of commenting regarding my response to Techster? Do you disagree with it?
If I could have gotten into a grad school somewhere else with the GPA GT provided me, I might have. The fact that GT allowed me into grad school with my undergraduate GPA speaks volumes. There's something to be said about a glutton for punishment. I'm not sure I'm not still suffering from PTSD. I am truly scarred from my undergraduate education. 30 years later I still wake up with sweats from nightmares about exams.

For me, Tech was a truly traumatic experience.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Wonder who Key gives preference to for the remaining scholarships that GT Football has remaining? Does Bud or Santucci get first call on the prospects that are available in the portal? Wonder what the general consensus is on the team’s greatest position of need is at this point?

gtee91

Georgia Tech Fan
So would I but what would be your criteria for improvement? What would be your metrics.
Well I would consider playing time, national TV exposure and rankings of new team versus old team. These have a rough correlation to getting noticed for NFL draft. Probably need to consider NIL dollars as well.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Why comment? I was very clear that GT is hard and not fun. Do you disagree? If say do. If not what is you point of commenting regarding my response to Techster? Do you disagree with it?
Tech was hard, but I had a blast! Work hard, play hard. I wouldn’t have traded my time there for anything. Made friends for life. Enjoyed Atlanta. Go Jackets!

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
When I was around college age, all I kept hearing was travel while you can and meet as many people as possible.
If I was one of these dudes, I’d have a hard time not moving around florida and California collecting money and new experiences at each stop.
Hopefully ending up with a degree at somewhere like Tech, but would honestly want a year or two at USF or San Jose state.
Get all the transferable general ed classes knocked out while essentially vacationing for free? No brainer
I guess I’m talking football not fun.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
We have quite the group of transfer QBs to go against next year. Cam Ward, DJU, Maalik Murphy, Kyle McCord, Rylie Leonard, Grayson McCall, Max Johnson.
Yes but the good thing for us is our QB is proven in our offense with most of our offensive players returning. So we know HK has had success with our current coaches and roster. None of those QB transfers can say the same.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yes but the good thing for us is our QB is proven in our offense with most of our offensive players returning. So we know HK has had success with our current coaches and roster. None of those QB transfers can say the same.
So HK was predicted to be near bottom , but he end s d near top
Imo, Gt is so poorly respected, he will be predicted to finish no higher than 5th.

I hope we open up a can passing whip axx.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Im not really trying to argue that all of these guys are better than King. Just think its crazy how many of our opponents next year raided the portal for experienced and talented QBs. Certainly makes next year interesting.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
With the portal departures and losses to graduation, we have needs at all three levels regardless of our base defense.
Nobody is arguing that. The question was what is the greatest position of need at this point. That depends on what base defense we're going to play. That has nothing to do with needing depth across the board. No need to turn everything into an argument.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Nobody is arguing that. The question was what is the greatest position of need at this point. That depends on what base defense we're going to play. That has nothing to do with needing depth across the board. No need to turn everything into an argument.
There is no one, single position of greatest need. There is more than one since we have great needs at all three levels. Who are starting CBs? Who are our starting edge rushers? Who are our starting linebackers outside of Efford? Who are or backup defenders on the line? Regardless of our base defense, we have needs across all three levels. We do not have the bodies to run any base defense at this point.