Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
He has played 6 seasons so unless he got a medical exemption he is done. Not many guys play 7 seasons. He was a 2018 freshmen at ND.
I'm not arguing. I agree with what you're saying about how long he's been around. I made a statement based on what the GT site said. So, when challenged, I just showed where I got the information that he had 1 year left. GT could be wrong, I don't know. I do think it's odd for someone with no eligibility left to say they're declaring for the NFL Draft.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Ok thought he was a fave of Brady up in Beantown.
That was Wes Welker.

By the way, while there was a Wesley Walker who played for the Jets, there is also a Wesley Walker who played for GT back in 2019-21 and then transferred to Tennessee. He played 23 games with 12 starts over the last two seasons and is now in the portal. He may come back to Tech.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
That was Wes Welker.

By the way, while there was a Wesley Walker who played for the Jets, there is also a Wesley Walker who played for GT back in 2019-21 and then transferred to Tennessee. He played 23 games with 12 starts over the last two seasons and is now in the portal. He may come back to Tech.
You missed the joke…

slugboy

Staff member
That was Wes Welker.

You mean Walter White, right?

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I read it on one of the GT articles talking about him coming in. I'll see if I can find what I read. I hear what you're saying.

Edit: RamblinWreck.com (No idea if this is accurate, but why would you declare for the NFL draft if you didn't have eligibility remaining?)

This is what was the top post until they did the updates to add the 2023 season:

Idaho (2022): Has two seasons of eligibility remaining after transferring from Idaho … Played in all 12 games in his lone season at Idaho … Tied for third on the team with 61 tackles … Led squad with seven tackles for loss … Tied for second on team with two sacks … Tied for third in the Big Sky Conference with a team-high-tying four interceptions … Broke up five passes, which was good for fourth on the squad … Also added a forced fumble and two quarterback hurries … Notched multiple tackles in all 12 games … Had a season-high eight tackles and an interception against Drake (Sept. 17) … Recorded his second-most tackles (6) and most tackles for loss (2) in a game and added a sack and an interception at Montana (Oct. 15) … Also had interceptions against Northern Colorado (Oct. 1) and at Sacramento State (Oct. 29) … Forced a fumble in season opener at Washington State (Sept. 3).
Thank you for sharing where you found the info. Much appreciated.

L41k18

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ll say it, GT seems to be one of the few ACC teams trending UP. A lot of teams seem to be weakening or getting worse, but GT is going the right direction.

Recruits notice this as well I’d imagine

I also love how Key - from his first press conference as the new coach - has made it clear that beating Uga is the goal. If we get in their neighborhood.....

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I’ll say it, GT seems to be one of the few ACC teams trending UP. A lot of teams seem to be weakening or getting worse, but GT is going the right direction.

FSU had a pretty good season as did Louisville :ROFLMAO: BC was the same as us. NCSThas won 9 games 3 of the past 4 years. Basing anything on Bowl games is a waste

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer

Duke was until Elko was snatched. I've said for a long time that College Football success is driven by the quality of the HC and the QB. Everything follows from there.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Sirad Bryant.

Of the currently 20 outgoing players, only 3 have found new homes so far - Kennard to USCe, Johnson to Utah, and Dixon to South Alabama.