Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
looking at on3, thst is 7 defensive lineman transferring out. That is beyond terrible particularly with only 1 transfer in. Down 6 is a huge problem.
Three in the HS class so far. So it’s 4 incoming and 7 outgoing. Several of the outgoing are true frosh some of which were last minute additions to the class last year. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a few more additions from the portal now that the bowls are taking place and more guys are entering across the board so there are new options in there for us.

PS it is a bit concerning so I am not at all suggesting otherwise. I don’t think it’s a huge problem yet.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Three in the HS class so far. So it’s 4 incoming and 7 outgoing. Several of the outgoing are true frosh some of which were last minute additions to the class last year. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a few more additions from the portal now that the bowls are taking place and more guys are entering across the board so there are new options in there for us.

PS it is a bit concerning so I am not at all suggesting otherwise. I don’t think it’s a huge problem yet.
But high school players on dline are less likely to be ready than even a freshman who has been prscticing even if they are not playing

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow

Key said on NSD we have “3 or 4 more we’re looking at”. We’re certainly not done and this is a known position of need, so I expect at least 2 coming in.

gtee91

Georgia Tech Fan
I know these are no longer "meant to be understood", but I just don't get Collins at all. He was in line to play a bunch this coming season.
This is the last thing I expected...he was going to play a ton next season...but at the same time he is not likely a high dollar poach target...so this must be personal? Guess we keep fishing until we find some players who want to play here ?

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
While I understand some uneasiness about the state of the DLine, remember that our oft-maligned defense just held one of the nation's top offenses to 17 points and a scoreless second half. There certainly is a need for improvement and an infusion of talent, but our current players deserve credit for how much better they've gotten throughout the season. Factor in fairly impressive performances against Syracuse and u(sic)ga and I think we have a stronger base to work with than people think. I'm sure CBK has a plan — things are going on behind the scenes that we don't know about — and he deserves our trust.

gtee91

Georgia Tech Fan
While I understand some uneasiness about the state of the DLine, remember that our oft-maligned defense just held one of the nation's top offenses to 17 points and a scoreless second half. There certainly is a need for improvement and an infusion of talent, but our current players deserve credit for how much better they've gotten throughout the season. Factor in fairly impressive performances against Syracuse and u(sic)ga and I think we have a stronger base to work with than people think. I'm sure CBK has a plan — things are going on behind the scenes that we don't know about — and he deserves our trust.
So yes...that is why I am scratching my head...they did great work in those games and yet they keep leaving. So I can only hope that CBK has a plan.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer

I have a hunch we have a line on a few in January and then after Spring.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I know these are no longer "meant to be understood", but I just don't get Collins at all. He was in line to play a bunch this coming season.
Noah Collins been around for 3 years and hasn't shown much. Supposedly had a lot of potential and he never really brought it forth. I'm expecting us going forward under Key to get some angry, mean players and they will replace a lot of what we have this year and next. Would not surprise me if we get 2 or 3 more in this cycle before we're done. Guessing we will see more in the portal by the end of spring semester to get us to 85. I believe we're allowed to be over until then if we want to.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
It's difficult, nigh impossible, without direct statement to know why a player is moving on, academics, playing time, team fit, coaching changes, life in general, etc. The freedom to move on is alluring to the young and the beaches in Atlanta close in the winter.