Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
We better find some studs in the portal at DE, we needed to anyways but now we really do.

As for the rest of the DL, Zeek better stay or I’ll riot, he’s my favorite player

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Guess this means these players won’t be playing in the bowl game. I assume the HC wouldn’t let them play but are they maybe ineligible to play by being “in the portal “?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Crap. That one hurts.

He was starting to play really well. Seems we incubate DLs at GT and they leave just as they mature.

We talk about recruiting high school DLs, but it's just as important, if not more, is keeping the ones we have here. Gotta find a way to convince them to stay.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I lost my love for it years ago.
I still watch it more often than not, but I no longer get attached.
If a team wins that I am rooting for (including GT) that's great and I enjoy it for probably 15 min, if one loses I obsess over the loss for less than 5.
I used to set aside my entire Saturday for football now it has become where I’ll watch Tech and a prime time game

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
This is definitely brining out mixed emotions. You can’t tell a player what is best for them, but it’s getting harder for me to be invested in them as a fan. A player is going to want us to cheer them on, but then will also seemingly walk away to another school shooting us the bird.

Tadams6599

Jolly Good Fellow
The portal giveth/ the portal taketh, really got to trust the coaches. I’m not sure I would take anyone from our defense. not like we can get any worse at stopping the run!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I used to set aside my entire Saturday for football now it has become where I’ll watch Tech and a prime time game

Same. Except I don't even watch other teams anymore. I'll score-watch then may tune in if I see that team east of Atlanta in peril.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
As disappointing as this is (and I'm sure there will be some more bad news in the coming days), keep in mind that the coaching staff knew about these departures before us (probably even for weeks) and have planned accordingly. I'm sure they have guys already committed that we don't know about. Just trust in CBK and his staff to put the best team together for next year. In my view, as long as we've got HK10, we'll be just fine.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
losing a quality player is always hard. And I do believe Kennard is a good DE in a rotation. Losing what seems to be a great person is a big blow.

With that said … take out the wake forest game. He had 2 sacks in 11 games. I don’t know his qb pressure rate - but my eyes says it wasn’t something to get overly excited about (sans the wake game). He was a good steady piece imo. Our defense was well below average overall.

I’ll wait and see how this plays out with all the puts and takes of transfers before losing sleep.