Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
TA&M was his 2nd school. He is not near the caliber of either Howell or Maye. I have my doubts he starts at UNC next year. Have you watched him play? If he has perfect protection he is pretty good. He isn't mobile and when pressured he is not very good as he is inaccurate and can't escape the pressure.

Waste of time arguing this...we'll see next season.

However, I'd take his TE brother if he wants to come here. They're from GA.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
TBH I don't think Tatum in the portal would be NIL related at all. He had 38 tackles (15 solo), 4 for a loss, and 1 pass deflection after starting all 12 games. Those aren't stats that get you NIL money, those are stats where you are more likely to lose your job.

For comparison:
Efford had 72 tackles (31 solo), 1 sack/tfl, and 1 int and played in 12 games but was not a starter.

Moala had 59 tackles (32 solo), 8 TFL, 2 sacks, 2 PD and 3 FF as the other starting LB for 12 games.

Ace and CT both had 100+ tackles a year ago, not to mention sacks/PD/ints/FF
Didn't Tatum transfer in? NCAA getting tough on 2nd transfers. Be careful what you ask for. He may be dropping down a level if he's looking to transfer and have immediate playing time.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Didn't Tatum transfer in? NCAA getting tough on 2nd transfers. Be careful what you ask for. He may be dropping down a level if he's looking to transfer and have immediate playing time.

No he was a 4 Star commitment. With that said I think he still has potential but obviously I believe he has talked to coaches and they may believe otherwise as I do not see him getting picked up in the P5 ranks

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
No he was a 4 Star commitment. With that said I think he still has potential but obviously I believe he has talked to coaches and they may believe otherwise as I do not see him getting picked up in the P5 ranks
I don't think we're in a position to tell someone as talented as Tatum to look elsewhere. We're also losing depth in Moala, Oliver, and White.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I don't think we're in a position to tell someone as talented as Tatum to look elsewhere. We're also losing depth in Moala, Oliver, and White.

It's possible the coaches know something we don't. LOTS of back channel communications going on right now. If you see all these SA transfers committing to schools right now, and the portal doesn't officially open till Monday, then the math just isn't adding up in terms of the timeline. Pretty obvious a bunch of players have had someone (parents, HS coaches, etc) speaking on their behalf to let a school know they're available.

It wouldn't surprise me if our coaches already have a number of kids already "committed" to us from the portal.

MusicalBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
The quiet part being said out loud.....

With a tone of apology to everyone on this board for me to keep riding this dead horse, but it’s the fans and some types that created this. Inflation matters.. accountability matters.. except when it involves sports and entertainment…and now amateur kids. And in two years folks will saying “a QB worth $2-3M/yr” and no one will blink. Craziness 🤷‍♂️

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
If he transfers he will land at a decent spot. He reeks of potential so someone will give him a shot.