Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Just wake me when it's all over and I know who's on my team.

I'm officially to old to worry about the machinations of this dumbarse system anymore.

The Blacklist Sleep GIF by NBC

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
@Jacket0323 ... Felix appears to be the first...

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
If you're into tea leaves, he removed any mention of GT on his Twitter bio, and replaced his photo with one from High School.
Welp, head scratcher. He got alot of playing time this year, I wonder who's in his ear. These are young kids and their easily swayed by others thinking they can do better elsewhere. Did going to Ole Miss help Zamari Walton? Many of these kids will learn at a young age that the grass isnt greener on the other side, its where you water it.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Dang I liked Felix a lot. With Dontae leaving wasn’t he next up? Not sure why some of these kids leave…he’ll be in the same situation anywhere else.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
You're forgetting Tatum whos still very young, saw alot of good and bad things this yr from him, but he's still developing. We need LBs with more lateral quickness to help Efford and Tatum. Tatum and Efford both need to bulk up.
Tatum was a JR this year. Still one more year, but he's likely graduated, or graduating, and may take a shot elsewhere.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
If you can’t start for us, who can you start for? Unless you drop down.
Not derogatory, just a serious question the athlete needs to answer.
I’m not sure. I would think the cautionary tales of Nate McCollum and Ahmarean Brown would be sufficient for most people.

There has to be some statistic on the # of transfers that go on to have a better season after they transfer than before. And I’d bet it’s a low % of players.

I think last year an overwhelming amount of players ended up not landing anywhere, but bc they had been put in the portal they had to beg for their old spot back or go like D3 to get a spot.

Some of these young men have some not great influences in their lives telling them to get in the portal to try to make money, but there ain’t enough roster spots for everyone. You gotta have a landing pad before you jump.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure. I would think the cautionary tales of Nate McCollum and Ahmarean Brown would be sufficient for most people.

There has to be some statistic on the # of transfers that go on to have a better season after they transfer than before. And I’d bet it’s a low % of players.

I think last year an overwhelming amount of players ended up not landing anywhere, but bc they had been put in the portal they had to beg for their old spot back or go like D3 to get a spot.

Some of these young men have some not great influences in their lives telling them to get in the portal to try to make money, but there ain’t enough roster spots for everyone. You gotta have a landing pad before you jump.

Nate McCollum had an OK year at UNC...not as good as the previous year at GT when we had Sims and a rotating group of QBs to end the season.

He probably would have had a BIG year under Faulkner and with King throwing the ball.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Dang I liked Felix a lot. With Dontae leaving wasn’t he next up? Not sure why some of these kids leave…he’ll be in the same situation anywhere else.
Next year will probably be Cooley and Haynes taking the bulk of the load with Dickens mixed in as well. Not sure that Felix would have seen much run

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Next year will probably be Cooley and Haynes taking the bulk of the load with Dickens mixed in as well. Not sure that Felix would have seen much run

I thought Cooley was the better RB between the tackles the first game against Louisville. I thought he would develop into a good back for us over the season. It just didn't work out that way.

Hopefully, he finds his form next season. We'll need at least 3 good backs for the season.