Top 5 Favorite GT football players of all time.

thwgjacket

Bay Bay (just because of the stiff arm)
Calvin
Morgan Burnett (dread swag)
Joe
Jemea Thomas (went 110% all the time)

Current: Always been an Isaih Johnson fan, no idea why. And DJ White of course.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
ACC Rookie of the Year - Cory Collier How did he get left off?
Glad to see Ron Rogers show up. I always thought he was as good a college player as Brooking.

Here's the real 5. Must be 50 or over to make the list.

Rock Perdoni
Billy Lotheridge
Clint Castleberry
Ken Whisenhunt
Brent Cunningham

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Lets make a list of 5 you would least like to fight.....Perdoni and Sanford top my list. Kelly Rhino seemed like the kind of kid you'd have to kill to beat / make quit. He sure was fearless on returns. Jemea Thomas is another....little guy sorta but built like a brick ****house. Didn't play for us but Homer Rice counts.....was a golden gloves boxing champ. What DIDNT Homer Rice do? Blessing for Ga. Tech thats for sure.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
ACC Rookie of the Year - Cory Collier How did he get left off?
Glad to see Ron Rogers show up. I always thought he was as good a college player as Brooking.

Here's the real 5. Must be 50 or over to make the list.

Rock Perdoni
Billy Lotheridge
Clint Castleberry
Ken Whisenhunt
Brent Cunningham

Good list. I did not see Castleberry but the rest are legit. I once saw Cunningham destroy Navy with over 250 yards rushing in 35 degrees and driving rain/sleet. Everyone in our upper deck section left at halftime except my brother and I . We stayed just had to see what Cunningham would do next! It was similar to what Eddie Lee did to Air Force in the rain.

Good list. I did not see Castleberry but the rest are legit. I once saw Cunningham destroy Navy with over 250 yards rushing in 35 degrees and driving rain/sleet. Everyone in our upper deck section left at halftime except my brother and I . We stayed just had to see what Cunningham would do next! It was similar to what Eddie Lee did to Air Force in the rain.

That was snow that Eddie Lee did his thing in against Air Force. HEAVY SNOW

Doesn't anyone remember watching Lucius Sanford play?

Too little, and too slow, whatever, but on the field, pound-for-pound, Smylie Gebhart was one of the best football players I have ever seen. And what a guy, friend of mine.

RIP Smylie!
Reflection like this always points out the multitude of great players (and great people) that have worn White and Gold. Gebhart was a classmate, and one of the nicest guys you'd want to meet. All America defensive end at 190 pounds. He benefitted greatly from the defensive genius of coach Carson. We have had Jack Rudolph mentioned, but how about Jake Rudolph in 1952? And there were six All America's on that 1952 team. Leon Hardeman, Buck Martin, Peter Brown, Hal Miller, Bobby Moorehead, and the legendary George Morris. We've had some good ones for a place that can't recruit quality athletes.

Brent Cunningham was 5-6 or 5-7 at best, but , man was he put together. Blazing speed. Out of Eatonton in Putnam County. He was hard to see coming out of the backfield, and so fast that all he needed was that moment of indecision by the defense, and he was gone. Big, big heart. I had several classes with him and I bet I heard him speak less than 100 words in 3 years.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Here's a game from youtube. Eddie Lee gets hurt, and the ending isn't good but you get to see something. Also Cooksey, father of current recruit plays NT for us. I won't embed because of endi ng

Edit: I guess it does it automatically when pasting the link

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I'm only listing the guys I saw.
1.Randy Rhino-the most complete def player in last 50 yrs here
2.Billy Lothridge-so multi-talented
3.Eddie Lee Ivery- lots of back choices- Cunningham,Lavette,Dwyer etc
4.Joe Ham-the engineer for the greatest Off ever
5.Rock Perdoni- a symbol of all the DLs over yrs- Gathers,Colemam,etc
Larry Morris-prob best LB but I didn't see him

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow