Top 100 Georgia Recruits

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
This wasn’t a diss to Johnson, I understand it’s been going like this at GT, but I think we can change it.

Don’t believe this Steam. I don’t know why everyone on here wants to act like the way we recruited under Johnson was normal but it was not.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Don’t believe this Steam. I don’t know why everyone on here wants to act like the way we recruited under Johnson was normal but it was not.
I've followed recruiting since the O'Leary days and the beginning of the old Border Wars. Looking back at the rosters from 99-00, he signed way more 4 stars back then. Nate Curry, Sidney Ford, Kerry Watkins, Jeremy Muyres, Tony Hollings, Joe Burns were all some of his 4 star recruits. Some panned out, some didn't.

Some want to cite APR and other academic changes, but O'Leary pushed the boundaries academically at times, and that brought a lot of in school clamp down; it wasn't all NCAA. Paul Johnson didn't for one minute recruit as well as GO, but he graduated men and did right by the school's academic standards.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
More than one thing can be holding recruiting back at a time. Just because academics were a restriction doesn't mean that Johnson also didn't make things harder with his choice in offense and handling of the media.
I agree

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Understood. But when have we had a great recruiter as HC?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dodd was the best. He could sell ice to an Eskimo but he had the support of the administration AND had the Atlanta media eating out of his hand. Beyond that, probably no one who was "GREAT" but Coach O'Leary was pretty good in spite of his gruff demeanor at times.