Top 100 Georgia Recruits

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Honest question, haven’t we had commitments drop because of missing academic requirements or not scoring well enough on SAT? I think it’s rare but I think I remember it happening.
It has been rumored, but I don't think any of them have been Georgia Top 100.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
I actually agree. And did a good bit better than we have recently. But I don’t think he ever got a ton of super 50 guys. Please feel free to show otherwise.

https://ghsfha.org/w/Special:PlayerIndex?view=ajc

Here’s a list of AJC Super 11 players through the years. By my count O’Leary’s class break down went like this...

96- 3
97- 2
98- 1
99- 2
00- 1
01- 2

And this is just the top 11 in state. One would think top 50 would be 3-5 times this amount.

Keep in mind whatever year it says would be the following years recruiting class.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
So you have no idea what percentage of the top 100 GOL offered, yet you spew that the number is incorrect.

Amateur!

So do you believe we have loosened our emission standards that much? You think we’ve gone from offering 20% to 70%? Does that seem reasonable to you?

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow
So do you believe we have loosened our emission standards that much? You think we’ve gone from offering 20% to 70%? Does that seem reasonable to you?
I hope we have relaxed our emission standards, the Wreck is getting rather old. And, I could care less about global warming.

Regarding your post, I have no idea about the actual #, but I'm curious. I was certain that you must know since you refuted the other posters # as incorrect!

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
I hope we have relaxed our emission standards, the Wreck is getting rather old. And, I could care less about global warming.

Regarding your post, I have no idea about the actual #, but I'm curious. I was certain that you must know since you refuted the other posters # as incorrect!

Lol. I just saw my mistake. Good one.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Tells me that, despite conventional CPJ “wisdom” we went after top recruits and didn’t in fact ignore them.

Yes. And, if we can assume we only offer players who can get into Tech, that says that 26 of the 39 4* and 5* could have gotten in. Doesn’t mean they like our choice of majors, or that they want to work as hard as they’d have to here, but at least they were qualified. Is that right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I actually believe that is possible. I remember hearing when CPJ started he was given almost no room for grade risks. TStan seems to have given CPJ a lot more freedom. I believe the previous AD really limited CPJ and the program. I believe Collins has a better chance of getting the most out of TStans more lax approach.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Goes back to the AJC super 50 super 100 lists. In other words, before the services. Our trouble predates CPJ, CGC, CGO, CBL, CBR, CBC......

If CGC can change this significantly he’s the right guy.
This wasn’t a diss to Johnson, I understand it’s been going like this at GT, but I think we can change it.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Understood. But when have we had a great recruiter as HC?

I guess that depends on one’s definition of great. I wasn’t saying we had. What I said was O’Leary did better at it. The new guy has to prove he can.

Yes. And, if we can assume we only offer players who can get into Tech, that says that 26 of the 39 4* and 5* could have gotten in. Doesn’t mean they like our choice of majors, or that they want to work as hard as they’d have to here, but at least they were qualified. Is that right?

One would assume so.

herb

Helluva Engineer
I’m probably wrong, but I have a hunch the President is finally on board the football train. CG kept mentioning him in the press conference. But, maybe I’m reading something that’s not there.

I think you are wrong, but time will tell. He doesn’t appear to be interested in much other than increasing the out of state percentage of the student population. Which has had a detrimental effect on the state of the athletic program, but that may be another conversation.