Top 100 Georgia Recruits

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
GT maybe able to get Pettwat, Boykin, & Fox but Collins need to be blowing their phones up now.

Michigan & Norte Dame raided the state.
Stanford got their usual 1 or 2.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Among others, it would be good to increase our outreach to the many fine private schools in the metro ATL area. Hopefully the messaging of 'staying close to home so your family and friends can see you' will resonate with all academically capable student athletes in GA.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Did you know Georgia Tech has signed only 1 of Georgia's Top-50 recruits in each of the last four seasons?

This is embarrassing. It has to change. Collins has to change this.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=ga

To be fair, remember George O’Leary’s press conference, where he pointed to the Top 100 and said “Of this list, I can only recruit 20.”

And that’s just accounting for the academic difficulty - not the drive or desire of the students to go to a school like GT.

I’m not saying a 5% success rate is what we should aim for. I’m just saying it’s better than 1 out of 100. Hopefully Collins can do better - I’ll believe it when I see it, but I definitely hope so.

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow
To be fair, remember George O’Leary’s press conference, where he pointed to the Top 100 and said “Of this list, I can only recruit 20.”

And that’s just accounting for the academic difficulty - not the drive or desire of the students to go to a school like GT.

I’m not saying a 5% success rate is what we should aim for. I’m just saying it’s better than 1 out of 100. Hopefully Collins can do better - I’ll believe it when I see it, but I definitely hope so.
Shhhh. You can't say that. You must believe their narrative, which is, "It's all CPJ's fault"!

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

Collins won't make every challenge suddenly go away. What he will do is not compound things and make them worse.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer

That 20% number is not accurate. Sometimes acoaches look for excuses.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Goes back to the AJC super 50 super 100 lists. In other words, before the services. Our trouble predates CPJ, CGC, CGO, CBL, CBR, CBC......

If CGC can change this significantly he’s the right guy.

This just isn’t accurate. O’Leary recruited very well in state.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
If you are going to point out information as being inaccurate, you better be prepared to put forth the accurate number! So what is it?

There are 39 4 & 5 star players in the state of Ga according to Rivals this year. We offered 26 of them. Make of that what you will.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
There are 39 4 & 5 star players in the state of Ga according to Rivals this year. We offered 26 of them. Make of that what you will.
Honest question, haven’t we had commitments drop because of missing academic requirements or not scoring well enough on SAT? I think it’s rare but I think I remember it happening.