Today in Analytics...

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
When will people learn that the media doesn't know crap about college football? Who was picked last in their division in the MAC? NIU. Who won the MAC championship? NIU

I saw a piece recently with two guys forecasting the GT Clemson game. Both said to lay the 21.5 spread. I'll bet that neither one could tell you within 10 points the score of last year's game, or where it was played.

The media knows a little bit about the perennial powers. Otherwise, they are like weather forecasters. All they really know is what has already happened. College football changes from year to year like the weather. The media forecast is like reading yesterday's weather.
Whose toy did they break? Now that you have looked high and hard and found a failure, tell us about the right calls. They are paid to have opinions. And contrary, they are much better informed than a football message board.

slugboy

Staff member
How have the Falcons done in the draft?

A150DC0A-1E48-4CF2-9EE4-1864169427E0.jpeg

Frustrated World Cup GIF

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I was a
I was already criticized for saying our academics and curriculum wasn't a disadvantage in recruiting or player retention so it must be something else? Wasn't that your point? Easier and more majors at Wake?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I was a

I was already criticized for saying our academics and curriculum wasn't a disadvantage in recruiting or player retention so it must be something else? Wasn't that your point? Easier and more majors at Wake?
More a specific one. This is a very good comm program and a lot of athletes go into it.

slugboy

Staff member
We’re in the lower-left, near Duke (their logo is easier to spot). It’s a Defensive EPA vs returning Defensive Production chart, where you want to be upper-right.
The short version is that the stats say “we either need recruits or transfers to make a big impact, or players to step up, or coaching adjustments, or a combination of all of those”

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Have to go into the season hoping that the combination of things that have happened work out for us this year.

I almost feel like it's the Atlanta Braves of the mid-1970s.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Glenn Hubbard taught me how to turn a double play using the outside of the glove. I still own a Kinnet Milk Dale Murphy t-shirt. Good times.
He played with a small glove too, if I remember correctly. I remember that Braves infield turning a lot of doubles. Was it Horner, Ramirez, Hubbard, and Chambliss?