To all the people complaining about National attention.

Buzz4Him

Georgia Tech Fan
One thing I haven't seen pointed out is the fact we basically spotted FSU 13 points.
2 red zone turnovers and a sack that took us out of FG range. Shouldn't have been so close but I'll take the finish every day

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Actually you are a better man than I, because I don't even understand the comment.
I was still on second cup of coffee so i might have misread it. If so, I apologize. I took it to mean such an epic win would be forgotten unless we turn the corner on the season which could be true. What was sad to me is posting something like that the morning after. Some fans can't seem to enjoy the winning.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
One thing I haven't seen pointed out is the fact we basically spotted FSU 13 points.
2 red zone turnovers and a sack that took us out of FG range. Shouldn't have been so close but I'll take the finish every day
Eggsackley! When JT made his TD I looked over at my son and said, "Good. Now he only has 9 points to make up." I couldn't believe we beat those guys after turning the ball over twice in one quarter! One of the best team comebacks in Tech history, say I. And I was happier last night then I've been since we beat Taj and co. in 2012. I didn't, however, go out of Grant Field yelling, "I love to beat FSU!" like I did that night about Clemson. I'm saving that for next year. We owe the Tiggers.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I was still on second cup of coffee so i might have misread it. If so, I apologize. I took it to mean such an epic win would be forgotten unless we turn the corner on the season which could be true. What was sad to me is posting something like that the morning after. Some fans can't seem to enjoy the winning.
It is what they say about Scots Presbyterians: they are not happy unless they are unhappy.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer

I don't think the team will forget this one regardless of how the year ends and I won't forget it either. An incredible Homecoming win. This had been the "year of injuries" and without quite so many, especially at a-back, I think we would be anticipating an above average w-l record right now. Hopefully we just began a streak like last year's but at the very least, the play of our freshman this year has gotten me more excited than ever about Tech's future.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
There ain't a team in the country that would look forward to playing us. That said...every game the rest of the way will be a challenge. Our guys are pretty beat up right now. UVA up there will be tough. We sorely need the bye week after.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
A great win under incredible duress. But ND was the game that would have turned our season. But let's just enjoy this one before mixing and matching the in-your-face accusations.
Well Skeptic, I agree with you re: ND, that game would have really done wonders for our reputation on a national stage.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
There ain't a team in the country that would look forward to playing us. That said...every game the rest of the way will be a challenge. Our guys are pretty beat up right now. UVA up there will be tough. We sorely need the bye week after.
One of the writers for the AJC today made note of something I agree with but others might not. It is that Johnson has brought to GT the belief that on any Saturday they can beat anybody, and the bigger the game the more they believe it. I don't know whether that is coaching in the purest sense. But maybe it is exactly that: in the purest sense, instilling a belief in themselves. I have to admit when FSU lined up for that FG I began to think it was all over, that they had left nothing on the field, they were spent, and either with the FG or OT Tech was done for. What a difference one play makes.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
One of the writers for the AJC today made note of something I agree with but others might not. It is that Johnson has brought to GT the belief that on any Saturday they can beat anybody, and the bigger the game the more they believe it. I don't know whether that is coaching in the purest sense. But maybe it is exactly that: in the purest sense, instilling a belief in themselves. I have to admit when FSU lined up for that FG I began to think it was all over, that they had left nothing on the field, they were spent, and either with the FG or OT Tech was done for. What a difference one play makes.

Four FSU fans came in mid first Q (tickets given from GT friends in the GT season ticket section next to me) and were very pleasant. They were very respectful of GT and GT football and talked on and on about all the recent close games. The fellow beside me insisted the game would go down to the very end and would be decided by a field goal. I admit I was doubtful but he turned out to be right. I should have had more faith in my own team.

He thought the TECH traditions, stadium, and location to downtown should be an ideal draw for recruiting players players and he was knowledgeable of our GT "traditions", even including our third Q budweiser song. He also acknowledged that most of the FSU players could not get into our Institute. In leaving the stadium I ran into other very respectful FSU fans who had high praise and congrats for our victory. I was surprised since my most recent experience with fan opponents occurred at attendance at away games at Clemson and UGA..

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
hopefully..... the coaches know a good moment when they see one. if i were coach and i showed game clips to motivate players. this one would be in my top 5!

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure what u mean here but this team has a chance to win out. We get vt and uga at home. If we beat uva on the road and this team starts to believe watch out. They are really close to getting in a groove.

I absolutely agree we can. This win means nothing if we don't at least get to 0.500. We haven't given ourselves much room for error, but we still have a heartbeat.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
@Skeptic, I am with you dude.. After this game, CPJ is now 6-3 at home versus top 25 opponents and 3-1 against top 10 teams. We can hang with anyone when our O is clicking and when the D is playing like they did last night, I believe it.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
even the cheer leaders were really really REALLY happy. (yes... i know the image is from a different game)

Attachments

• gt boner.jpg
    gt boner.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 33

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I spoke with many FSU fans on the way out and they were all awesome. That was a tough pill to swallow for them but every person I saw was classy and handled it well.
Everybody but my Florida brother who is now AWOL two days despite my good natured and well intended efforts to find out what he knew and when he knew it about the game. I have even sent him links to the TD, to the pictures, to the narrative. All spaced out over two days so as not to overload him. Tomorrow I will add another. I owe it to him. We are family, you know. Though it seems awfully like he is no longer talking to me. He will get over it and just to remind him I'll send him another piece. Chinese water torture.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Out of curiosity I turned on Rusillo & Kanell on ESPNNews. Tech helmet on the table in front of the guys (probably a producer prodding Kannell but I'll take it). They talked about the game a little, mainly to point out that Cotter was giving Kannell a bunch of grief after the game.