To all the people complaining about National attention.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
We will/have gotten WAYYYY more from tonight's game than from beating ND. So everyone saying "we choked on the big stage again" and complaining about how we never get respect tune into sports center we will be on it from Sunday to Tuesday and the Miracle on TechWood should have an appearance or two on College Game Day.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
The guy on College Football Final signed off saying "thank you Georgia Tech, that was a lot of fun today". It may have taken us losing a bunch and getting written off for the year, but we've finally got some TV personalities smiling.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Just win baby. I don't care if it's in the spotlight or in the seedy basement of @dressedcheeseside 's beach hut.

I am gonna just go ahead and predict we ride this breakthrough and continue improving every week to stomp the mutts and some SEC foe in the bowls.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
True to your predictions, we are not only the LEAD story on ESPN's Sports Center this morning-- Lance Austin's (perhaps) ill-advised runback was the #1 Top Play!

When the alarm clock went off this morning, my first thought was "I wonder if we're #1 Top Play on ESPN?"

If you haven't already watched-- don't miss.

Last edited:

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
"Blocked! Snuffed! Rubbed-out! Erased!"

I can't count how many times I've watched the clip already, still in disbelief. The 2008 Miracle on North Avenue clip has just been superseded by the 2015 miracle. I think the Jackets could ride this wave from here and win out.

"You can't beelieve what just happened! What a time to bee alive!"

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
the espn announcers were laughing like little kids. they enjoyed the finish of our game so much.

I thought the announcers on ESPN2 were openly rooting against FSU. Every CFB fan other than FSU who has a team in the national playoff hunt was a GT fan last night so the announcers were playing to that crowd. And we came through after a long long long long long dry spell. So it was the typical GT setup - highly over matched statistically and somehow winning one.

It made the narrative that ESPN has adopted about GT more plausible: GT is a good team with good coaching (they love CPJ and our academics now) that has had a lot of injuries. That is their line and they can stick to it now.

Now all we have to do is beat UVa.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
This is the typical Georgia Tech way of getting national attention. We are always a team of underdogs with an element of surprise. Screw being top 25 pre season ranked thats just not us

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
We will/have gotten WAYYYY more from tonight's game than from beating ND. So everyone saying "we choked on the big stage again" and complaining about how we never get respect tune into sports center we will be on it from Sunday to Tuesday and the Miracle on TechWood should have an appearance or two on College Game Day.
A great win under incredible duress. But ND was the game that would have turned our season. But let's just enjoy this one before mixing and matching the in-your-face accusations.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
the loss to ND was also a loss to Duke

i hope the win vs FSU isn't a loss to UVA as well.

team needs to move on week to week, but with some young guys you don't know. The D needs to show up saturday. We need to go on a mini run I WANT TO BEAT UGA SO BAD
Right now I want to a) enjoy this one the rest of the day and b) win Saturday's game first.

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow
thankfully you and I are not on this team and don't have to take it one game at a time :)

Either this is a start to something or a footnote. If we can't save something this season, it will be forgotten. If we get better, that bodes well for us next season.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Either this is a start to something or a footnote. If we can't save something this season, it will be forgotten. If we get better, that bodes well for us next season.

Not sure what u mean here but this team has a chance to win out. We get vt and uga at home. If we beat uva on the road and this team starts to believe watch out. They are really close to getting in a groove.