Time to break in a new uniform thread - 2022 edition

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You got kicked off stingtalk? For that, FWIW I'm taking you off the Secret List.

ill take it scream queens GIF

But does that qualify as a demotion tho? :unsure:

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I'm saying that since we are not winning right now, bringing back traditionally uniforms may bring some old fans that have lost interest because we are losing. I am one of those fans who has lost interest in the team because its not the team I grew up loving. I grew to love the tradition that Tech had. When CPJ came in they started changing the Tech traditional look (even thought they did bring back home whites) but since they were winning and beating Georgia every once in a while I could ignore my complaints about the uniforms. But now that we are losing, Tech has no identity to fall back on. Bringing back these traditional looks helps with that. If I have to watch them lose, I'd rather watch them lose in style.

That being said my overall love of the game of college football is dwindling due to the dramatic changes in the college football landscape. With ugaly winning a natty, NIL out of control, conference realignment; the game isn't the game I grew up loving. You have a handful of teams that can really compete for anything and it all revolves around money. The sport I grew up loving is dying so anything that can be brought back to make me love it again I'm all for.
This all makes sense to me and I agree with it. Thanks for explaining

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I'm saying that since we are not winning right now, bringing back traditionally uniforms may bring some old fans that have lost interest because we are losing. I am one of those fans who has lost interest in the team because its not the team I grew up loving. I grew to love the tradition that Tech had. When CPJ came in they started changing the Tech traditional look (even thought they did bring back home whites) but since they were winning and beating Georgia every once in a while I could ignore my complaints about the uniforms. But now that we are losing, Tech has no identity to fall back on. Bringing back these traditional looks helps with that. If I have to watch them lose, I'd rather watch them lose in style.

That being said my overall love of the game of college football is dwindling due to the dramatic changes in the college football landscape. With ugaly winning a natty, NIL out of control, conference realignment; the game isn't the game I grew up loving. You have a handful of teams that can really compete for anything and it all revolves around money. The sport I grew up loving is dying so anything that can be brought back to make me love it again I'm all for.
NIL needs to be somewhat fixed otherwise I think a lot of fans at the general Georgia Tech level are going to lose interest rapidly. Big dog schools are going to eat and there will be literally nothing left for the middling schools since the 'rules gates' have been lowered. Any player who shows big potential will be immediately handed the bag by the factory schools (i.e. Jordan Addison)

Last edited:

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
NIL needs to be somewhat fixed otherwise I think a lot of fans at the general Georgia Tech level are going to lose interest rapidly. Big dog schools are going to eat and there will be literally nothing left for the middling schools since the 'rules gates' have been lowered. Any player who shows big potential will be immediately handed the bag by the factory schools (i.e. Jordan Addison)
I honestly think I’ll be more invested in GT football if we’re playing in a league with schools on our playing field. I wouldn’t feel as cheated as I do now, feeling like there’s no point watching two programs on wildly different levels play against each other. Felt the same when we crushed the Alcorn States and Presbyterians.

It’d be like being an App State/Georgia Southern fan. You can still love your school, the gameday atmosphere, uniforms, have pride in your program, send guys to the league, etc. But you know you’ll never play for a natty. And that’s fine. App State isn’t supposed to. And I think I’ve reluctantly gotten to the point where I believe neither is Georgia Tech. It’s kind of like minor league baseball - the product has a niche and some people truly love it for what it is.

Sorry to derail.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I honestly think I’ll be more invested in GT football if we’re playing in a league with schools on our playing field. I wouldn’t feel as cheated as I do now, feeling like there’s no point watching two programs on wildly different levels play against each other. Felt the same when we crushed the Alcorn States and Presbyterians.

It’d be like being an App State/Georgia Southern fan. You can still love your school, the gameday atmosphere, uniforms, have pride in your program, send guys to the league, etc. But you know you’ll never play for a natty. And that’s fine. App State isn’t supposed to. And I think I’ve reluctantly gotten to the point where I believe neither is Georgia Tech. It’s kind of like minor league baseball - the product has a niche and some people truly love it for what it is.

Sorry to derail.
Good perspective and a good attitude. I'm just not there yet.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Final conclusion for me on the uniforms given what we have seen: The lighting for the pics they took really ****ed up how the golds look next to each other. Everything that I can see of the uniforms in the sun show matching shades (even for the metallic it seems). Unis are great and this would be the only potential gripe, so hopefully, this is just a bit of harsh lighting.

kalld12

Banned
Final conclusion for me on the uniforms given what we have seen: The lighting for the pics they took really ****ed up how the golds look next to each other. Everything that I can see of the uniforms in the sun show matching shades (even for the metallic it seems). Unis are great and this would be the only potential gripe, so hopefully, this is just a bit of harsh lighting.
Cant wait to see them live...........soon, very soon

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Some more looks for y’all to chew on. Leonard posted these on the day of the release. The new pants, but the top is clearly the Black Watch template. It still looks navy to me. This is the same look Derrik Allen posted a while back. He was wearing the new pants in those shots as well. You can tell they photoshopped the GT logo out. The Adidas logo is present in one pic but not the other. Maybe that top is navy after all?

Yeah, I can’t believe I’m analyzing this sh*t this much. Just some things I noticed.
6465528F-CF6C-45B5-A6FD-EF9AFE52DB0C.jpeg
C8583C53-2C8D-4E62-9B9F-90F733FBC82B.jpeg
7A26C6A4-220C-4896-A603-D2C358F5E067.jpeg
2C58F641-6BA3-4523-86EA-C9FBF697128D.jpeg

Mihalak

Georgia Tech Fan
That's a good looking uniform. Love the simplicity of it and also love the lack of the extra patches that were on them the last couple of years