Time to break in a new uniform thread - 2022 edition

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

If the numbers on the white jerseys were blue, they would be just about perfect. Much prefer this more traditional look than the Arena League stuff we've been wearing for the past few years with stupid stingers and partial stripes. Number fonts are still weird, but much happier with this than just about any of our jerseys in the past two decades.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Well, the classic style is back!
But that comes with the mismatching golds lol. Looks like numbers and striping details are shiny, metallic gold, while the fabric and material is more of an old/mustard gold. I’m still really happy with how they turned out though

Still not a huge fan of our number font though. It just looks off to me. Wish they would go back to standard block, or at least bolden the width a little bit to make them blockier.
View attachment 12697
View attachment 12696
I think there is something to be said about seeing gold uniforms under the sun/from a realistic game difference as opposed to up close too. I'll wait to pass judgment until we see them on the field.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
To some of your disdain, the blue pants are still in the rotation. I’m not a huge fan of the all blue look, but I think with the traditional striping it will look muuccchhh better
B044A258-D825-4FFA-A2CD-80D7ED2C7D2F.jpeg

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
So much for standardizing what gold we used. I like the design of these uniforms, but the sand color we'd been using as gold looked better than this cheddar imo.

To some of your disdain, the blue pants are still in the rotation. I’m not a huge fan of the all blue look, but I think with the traditional striping it will look muuccchhh better
View attachment 12698
Why do the stripes not go all the way down???

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
So much for standardizing what gold we used. I like the design of these uniforms, but the sand color we'd been using as gold looked better than this cheddar imo.

Just to keep you on your toes! No, for real, I'm not sure why, but for some reason I think the stripes are my favorite part--the metallic gold, the broad and very prominent stripes--I dig it!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I feel like the golds would be pretty iconic if we consistently wore them. You could turn on a game without a scorebug and instantly know the gold team was Georgia Tech the same way you could watching Tennessee orange, Carolina blue, Alabama, or Michigan's helmets. Is there anybody in FBS with a similar jersey to that?

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
OH MY GOSH WE DIDN'T SCREW THIS UP!!!!!!!!
Oh My God Omg GIF by mtv

I agree with the stripes not going all the way down the pants, but good grief is this a welcome sight. I'll save my comments on the gold pants till I see them in person as photos, fabric, and lighting can make it look differently. GOLD JERSEY IS BACK AND IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL! They really nailed it with this set.

Marvel Balance GIF

Last edited:

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I love them! The metallic numbers and strips look amazing, and i much prefer mustard yellow or any yellow over the sand color from before

kalld12

Banned

This 100% We still have an issue matching golds and it bothers me. I DO NOT like this gold at all but maybe cuz i'm a millennial and in my 20's. The cheddar look is disgusting.

The fact we still cant match the color of the helmets (which is the gold we should be using) is sad!

Happy for those who like it!