Time to break in a new uniform thread - 2022 edition

kalld12

Banned
This 100% We still have an issue matching golds and it bothers me. I DO NOT like this gold at all but maybe cuz i'm a millennial and in my 20's. The cheddar look is disgusting.

The fact we still cant match the color of the helmets (which is the gold we should be using) is sad!

Happy for those who like it!
The gold pants are just awful, two different golds clashing. The Blue and White pants I like alot as well as white jersey and blue jersey.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 103
  • white pants gold jersey.JPG
    white pants gold jersey.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 99
  • blue pants.JPG
    blue pants.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 95
  • whote pants.JPG
    whote pants.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 103

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
The gold pants are just awful, two different golds clashing. The Blue and White pants I like alot as well as white jersey and blue jersey.
I'm completely fine with the metallic stripe on the matte gold pants. Notre Dame does a mix of metallic and matte on their unis, lots of unis have different finishes of the same color, or even different shades of a color on the same uni.

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
These are great. I dig the yellow jersey. Dare I say it looks like the Calvin UVA color. Also, I don't think shiny gold pants exist anymore anywhere, is this a fabric issue? Is any team out there actually wearing true metalic-looking gold pants?

kalld12

Banned
I'm completely fine with the metallic stripe on the matte gold pants. Notre Dame does a mix of metallic and matte on their unis, lots of unis have different finishes of the same color, or even different shades of a color on the same uni.
I will wait until i see on field to make any more opinions, im happy for the most part with the designs, I would have just preferred a more metallic gold. I'm happy that most of our fans can get behind them.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Honestly could care less about the uniforms (these do look good) or hype videos. Just want to see us actually look good and not be over hyped this year

stech81

Helluva Engineer
talk about a debbie downer.........you're still all up in your feelings about last years performance? Well take that negative energy somewhere else, dont bring it here.
call it negative if you want but first we need to worry about winning if wanting to win is being negative then yes call me what you want.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
We win 9 games in 3 years and Y'all worry about the uniforms ? sometimes I just don't understand our fans.
Uniforms have zero impact on wins. How many wins do you have to get before you can worry about uniforms? 6? 10? 13?

Uniforms are fun for fans and it’s how teams project their brand. A lot of fans are happy that GT is projecting a more traditional brand. I don’t see what the issue is here.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Uniforms have zero impact on wins. How many wins do you have to get before you can worry about uniforms? 6? 10? 13?

Uniforms are fun for fans and it’s how teams project their brand. A lot of fans are happy that GT is projecting a more traditional brand. I don’t see what the issue is here.
First I don't worry about uniforms , I want to see OUR fans at the games, I want to see OUR fans having fun before the games. As long as we have no red I'm fine. No unifrorms are going to make 100% of the fans happy some will hate something about something. To me Fun is just going to the game and see Tech play. Guess I'm too old to get worked up about a uniform. To see Tech run on the feild is what I like to see.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
We win 9 games in 3 years and Y'all worry about the uniforms ? sometimes I just don't understand our fans.
I'm deeply concerned about our performance to-date, and I love these uniforms.

This thread is dedicated to uniforms. The rest is covered in other threads.

I think it really is that simple, and I wouldn't conflate any fan's priorities because this thread exists.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Gold hats, blue jerseys and white pants are sharp as hell!
...but I wish I were as excited about the gold options, because I think that’s what we should be wearing.
Im hoping some of it is lighting and they look great on the field.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I feel like most teams who wear gold have a hard time matching the golds due to the materials, especially if a metallic gold is involved. Nike does the best job. Just look at ND. Their golds never match. The uniforms we wore in 2006 were a totally different material than what we wear today. The pants and jersey material had more of a sheen look to it which allowed the metallic gold to translate better and match the helmet. Today the material is more mute/matte. It’s like uga’s pants. They’re called the silver britches, which was accurate in the 90s/00s. Today, they’re more of a light gray color due to the material.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer

I don’t know, but it always seems that your uniform looks better when you are running over your opponent than when your opponent is running over you.

kalld12

Banned
I feel like most teams who wear gold have a hard time matching the golds due to the materials, especially if a metallic gold is involved. Nike does the best job. Just look at ND. Their golds never match. The uniforms we wore in 2006 were a totally different material than what we wear today. The pants and jersey material had more of a sheen look to it which allowed the metallic gold to translate better and match the helmet. Today the material is more mute/matte. It’s like uga’s pants. They’re called the silver britches, which was accurate in the 90s/00s. Today, they’re more of a light gray color due to the material.
Fair point, i'm just ready for some football and being back in Bobby Dodd. I'm excited to see these uni's, I hope the gold looks better in person

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
I'm deeply concerned about our performance to-date, and I love these uniforms.

This thread is dedicated to uniforms. The rest is covered in other threads.

I think it really is that simple, and I wouldn't conflate any fan's priorities because this thread exists.
Now Cuse, don't come up in here making sense and whatnot--uncalled for!