Time to break in a new uniform thread - 2022 edition

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Without a doubt. I have seen numerous posts alluding to our W/L record in one uniform combo as opposed to another.
Well, Dodd swore in his autobiography that changing the uniforms from the "drab" his words, mustard jerseys to the bright dark blue and gold uniforms was worth a touchdown. Don't know but Tech won a lot of games in both of them with one national championship apiece with the blue alternating with white of course.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Idk how many times I have to say it… WE WORE THIS EXACT UNIFORM AGAINST NOTRE DAME IN 2020! SAME HELMET JERSEY PANTS HELL SAME UNDERWEAR lol there is nothing new here. Just defensive players doing a photo shoot in the black watch uniforms.
I knew the "Black Watch" these guys are nowhere close to the "Black Watch" except in the wearing of similar uniforms.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, Dodd swore in his autobiography that changing the uniforms from the "drab" his words, mustard jerseys to the bright dark blue and gold uniforms was worth a touchdown. Don't know but Tech won a lot of games in both of them with one national championship apiece with the blue alternating with white of course.

I'll have to see a source on this because it doesn't make any sense. I've never seen a picture of a Georgia Tech team from the '50s into the '70s that wore blue jerseys. GT always wore gold with white pants or white with gold pants.

I'm open to being proven wrong if you've got the photos or can find them somewhere online.

As far as I've observed it was always gold or white up until we wore black jerseys in 84 or 85. This weird fixation with blue didn't really take off until Bobby Ross, then killed it off almost completely dead during O'Leary and Gailey, only to rise one game a year during CPJ, and now under the current clown regime it's all blue all the time.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I'll have to see a source on this because it doesn't make any sense. I've never seen a picture of a Georgia Tech team from the '50s into the '70s that wore blue jerseys. GT always wore gold with white pants or white with gold pants.

I'm open to being proven wrong if you've got the photos or can find them somewhere online.

As far as I've observed it was always gold or white up until we wore black jerseys in 84 or 85. This weird fixation with blue didn't really take off until Bobby Ross, then killed it off almost completely dead during O'Leary and Gailey, only to rise one game a year during CPJ, and now under the current clown regime it's all blue all the time.
I don't have to "prove" anything. The photo was in my late father's yearbook circa 1948 or thereabouts and it clearly showed the Tech co-captains wearing blue uniforms with gold pants. Don't know what color the helmets were. It was startling to see a color photograph in a yearbook from that era that contained mostly black and white pictures including my dad who looked very worn out as a married student attending Tech on the GI bill while working part time. I don't know how he did it.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't have to "prove" anything. The photo was in my late father's yearbook circa 1948 or thereabouts and it clearly showed the Tech co-captains wearing blue uniforms with gold pants. Don't know what color the helmets were. It was startling to see a color photograph in a yearbook from that era that contained mostly black and white pictures including my dad who looked very worn out as a married student attending Tech on the GI bill while working part time. I don't know how he did it.
We were made of meaner stuff than the snowflakes of today.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Here is some proof that they had blue jerseys in the 40’s. Read the caption. Obviously the pic isn’t from back then.

Attachments

• 904D7A8B-A985-4F67-909D-828C2A037B41.jpeg
    904D7A8B-A985-4F67-909D-828C2A037B41.jpeg
    390.6 KB · Views: 52

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Here is some proof that they had blue jerseys in the 40’s. Read the caption. Obviously the pic isn’t from back then.

Gotcha. 40s would make sense since there was little color photography and consistent with what I said above about blue jerseys not being a thing during the overwhelming majority of the Dodd era (50s-60s) and afterwards until Ross.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I don’t remember seeing blue jerseys during the Carson or Rodgers years but maybe I just missed them. With every other coach, going back to Dodd, I have a (vague) memory of seeing them at least once or twice. It would be difficult research, at least for me, to track down every time this happened.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow

Don’t throw up watching this, but just to make the point that blue jerseys showed up a lot against uga for some reason. This was from 1981.

One of my favorite pictures of Calvin Johnson back in the day was in a blue uniform but finding that now would involve more time spent than the topic is worth.
1656695770430.png

1656695915650.png

Here you go, I had some extra time on my hands 🤷‍♂️

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
There was one road team that forced GT to not wear white jerseys on purpose. We were wearing white at home and on the road but there was one team that forced us to not wear white. Maybe it was LSU. It was a long time ago and Dodd hated to play down there.
Dodd refused to play Ole Miss or Mississippi State (because of money) so I guess he had to play LSU. At least he made some money going to Tiger Stadium. By not playing Mississippi State, he ended up with playing Tennessee, Alabama, and UGA all in a row. The SEC was a tough neighborhood even back then.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
If you are going to wear blue jerseys, that is the way it should be done. IMHO. Of course, Calvin looked good in blue, white, gold, and anything else.

I hate the overuse of blue jerseys and the use of overwhelming blue in our branding and merchandising, but I would 100% be in favor of wearing those 2006 ACCCG uniforms ONE game a year. They are perfect as a one game alternate (never in a showcase game though).

Gold hat, DARK navy shirt, white numbers, white pants with gold piping.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Looks like we’re going back to the more traditional striping patterns, which IMO is a major upgrade
6451EB8B-DFD5-42C9-B257-6902071F0981.jpeg

Looks similar to the 2006 set, which a lot of people have said is their favorite. It’s definitely up there for me too
A7D12445-CF61-4072-B5F4-241C792BA7AD.jpeg

I hope we go full 2006 with white, gold, and navy options for pants and jerseys, and keep both the white and gold helmets.