Time to break in a new uniform thread - 2022 edition

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
Every team does some kind of uniform reveal for the week. These reveals take up 1 (maybe 2) player's time for probably 1 hour to get some footage, then the video teams makes a 1 minute video. It's basically a standard social media thing at this point.
Dog literally every team does weekly uniform reveals lol. A lot of them are either shot during the summer before the season, or don’t even have an actual player in the uniform. It’s really not a big deal.
Show me the evidence of the top 25 teams doing this. Not one time special reveals for one or two games. Show me top 25 teams that do a "weekly" uniform reveal production video. There may be some I agree but I know you don't see Bama, OSU, uga, Clemson, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, USC, Oklahoma do "weekly" reveal videos.

Again I'm for simplifying things. Weekly reveals would not be necessary if things were simpler. If some coaches say its a distraction them I believe them.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Guys, guys .. I heard a rumor out of Tuscaloosa. Instead of 8 hours a night, Saban's guys sleep 7 hours and 59 minutes.

Let it sink in.

Multiply that minute by 85 scholarship guys and whew.... We lookin' for reasons we ain't Bama. Look no further boys.

"8 hours is for suckers." - the Elites

(Smdh, dafuq are we doing here?)

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Show me the evidence of the top 25 teams doing this. Not one time special reveals for one or two games. Show me top 25 teams that do a "weekly" uniform reveal production video. There may be some I agree but I know you don't see Bama, OSU, uga, Clemson, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, USC, Oklahoma do "weekly" reveal videos.

Again I'm for simplifying things. Weekly reveals would not be necessary if things were simpler. If some coaches say its a distraction them I believe them.
Do you use twitter? They're pretty unavoidable on there. I'll get back to you on which teams did uni reveal videos for the first couple weeks of games.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-7-lights-honoring-history-color-coordination
A couple on here are special games, but most are just a random game for the respective team.

You can search "best college football uniforms week" and any week number and get a list like this.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck

Since you asked, here's one: - Believe this was for their game against us. Of course, you also cherry picked teams that rarely wear different uniforms so there is nothing for them to reveal.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer

We go through this on this board like 5 times a year. But if you insist:
Oklahoma State

Florida

Ole Miss

Baylor

Cincinnati

Utah

Kentucky

Michigan State
https://twitter.com/msu_football/status/1463915797189910540?s=21&t=bEF5glQ4qTk185usl0tvzg

Oh look. Here’s ALABAMA doing a jersey reveal/hype photo shoot before the CFP semifinal game!!!!
https://twitter.com/alabamaftbl/status/1472315068943675393?s=21&t=veOM9afav7rl32jclCPJng

Is that enough evidence for you? It’s okay to move forward in time. Uniforms are not a distraction for any of these teams. Do you think if Utah stopped doing weekly uniform reveals they’d be on Alabama’s level? No. They wouldn’t. Uniforms should literally just be whatever the fans and players want. Most players want different combos, and a lot of GT fans want us to wear white and gold. I listed 8 combos that fit that metric. There’s no need to be concerned about wearing different uniforms or about wearing G/W/G every single game.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer

Michigan does it every week. My friend had a son who’s a WR on the team. They love doing them.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Buzz_404

Jolly Good Fellow
Game 1 against Clemson
Gold Helmets
Navy Jerseys
White Pants

It’s pretty obvious what we will be wearing this game, I think we will see this combo a lot this year

Game 2 vs Western Carolina
Gold Helmets
White Jerseys
Gold pants

I figure we keep it classic for week two

Game 3 vs Ole Miss
Gold Helmets
Gold Jerseys
White pants

A big sec acc matchup on acc deserves a classic uni matchup, GT gold jerseys against ole Miss powder blue helmets would be great

Game 4 at UCF
White Helmets
White Jerseys
White pants

UCF will most likely be in all black, all black vs all white with hints of gold is a uni matchup you gotta love

Game 5 at Pitt
Gold Helmets
White Jerseys
Gold pants

This is a no brainer, go classic

Game 6 vs Duke (Homecoming)
White Helmets
Gold Jerseys
White pants

Homecoming deserves a nice uni combo

Game 7 vs Virginia
Gold Helmets
Blue Jerseys
White pants

Thursday night coastal matchup, wear blue or gold

Game 8 at FSU
Gold Helmets
White Jerseys
White pants

Depending on if this is a night game or not may be the difference between gold or white pants

Game 9 at Virginia Tech
Gold Helmets
White Jerseys
Gold Pants

Go classic for the battle of the Techs

Game 10 vs Miami (Senior Day)
Gold Helmets
Gold Jerseys
Gold pants

For senior day I think this would be an interesting combo to see

Game 11 at UNC
Gold Helmets
White Jerseys
Gold pants

Classic again

Game 12 at Ugag
Gold Helmets
White Jerseys
White pants

Nothing more to be said about this one

Yes we would be wearing color for almost all of our home games, but wearing GWG for four games which is the most that we have worn that combo in the Collins era, I understand the urge to wear white, and for 1 or two home games a year it is cool, but white for 8+ games is boring, this is just my opinion you can share yours as well, no need to argue 🙂

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
So WWW and GGG or just no blue at all?
F45ED953-CDB0-4ADF-9F6E-E80E4831BB71.png