Ticket Exchange

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’ve located two tickets for us, so we are good. Thanks!

Students cannot resell home or road tickets for profit. Prohibited.
Therefore I was curious what they cost? Here is what I found:
Georgia Tech students must meet one of the following criteria to be eligible to claim/purchase a student ticket for games at Bobby Dodd Stadium:

• Must be an enrolled full-time student
  • Graduate/Intern/Co-Op/Part-Time students must verify Athletic Fee payment through the Bursar’s Office
The list of eligible students is provided to the GTAA by GT Registrar. Students who are deemed eligible may purchase student season tickets, however, if the Athletic Fee is not paid, season tickets will be removed from their account.

Eligible students have two options for student tickets at Bobby Dodd Stadium:

• Option 1: Reserved season tickets through the purchase of a YJC Gold Membership
  • Option 2: Free single-game ticket distribution

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Why the hell are we playing games at Mercedes Benz if we are limiting seating to 42,000? Isn't that just defeating the point?

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Why the hell are we playing games at Mercedes Benz if we are limiting seating to 42,000? Isn't that just defeating the point?
No. The point is selling kids on playing big games in an NFL stadium.

I promise you when I played against UGA at Turner field my freshman year, it didn’t matter to me that the stadium was half empty. It was still an awesome experience.

Same every time we played there. All of these kids at some point dreamed of playing in the NFL. Most will never get the chance. This gives them an opportunity to be on an NFL field. Something almost no other school can offer.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
No. The point is selling kids on playing big games in an NFL stadium.

I promise you when I played against UGA at Turner field my freshman year, it didn’t matter to me that the stadium was half empty. It was still an awesome experience.

Same every time we played there. All of these kids at some point dreamed of playing in the NFL. Most will never get the chance. This gives them an opportunity to be on an NFL field. Something almost no other school can offer.
You know Georgia State played there for several seasons, didn't seem to help their recruiting much.

I don't buy this at all. Glad you enjoyed Turner field though. Keep in mind that there are many more baseball games in a seasonal so one game away from home isn't a big deal.

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
So the kid got sick over night and now I cant go today. I have 3 tickets in section 124 for sale. Asking $50 each or $125 for the set. I’d like to see tech fans in them but if no one has reached out by 1pm they are going on stubhub. Please DM if interested

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
You don’t see any difference in the two situations at all?
All I kept hearing was we were doing this for the money. The larger capacity would allow more ticket sales... This game is limited to 42000. Tell me this makes sense to you.

42000 is the soccer stadium. 71000 is the NFL stadium btw.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
You know Georgia State played there for several seasons, didn't seem to help their recruiting much.

I don't buy this at all. Glad you enjoyed Turner field though. Keep in mind that there are many more baseball games in a seasonal so one game away from home isn't a big deal.
It’s Georgia State, that’s why.

The 2nd part is true. It does suck to lose a home game, but I bet Collins and Co use this as a tool in recruiting.

I also believe part of the purpose is to generate more revenue as well as you said. Don’t know all the details on that though.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow

This is the coldest take on the site today 😂😂

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
As of today I'm looking for 2, maybe 3, tickets to this weekend's game vs Pitt.

It is very strange to think that this will be my 2nd or 3rd game as a fan only since 2013. The media stuff is great, but it's an easy concession when family is available to join for a gameday at BDS.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I have 2 for this weekend. Section 109 Row 29 Seats 19-20

With Stinger Seats

$75 for the pair.

I will be cheering from Lake Tahoe on my Anniversary trip.