Thursday... Score predictions!!

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
45-0 tech. Crush all tiger dreams and ambitions, massive demand for pumpkins in SC and 4000 new gifs of crying tiger fans.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Maybe....maybe not. He broke it on Oct. 11th and had surgery to insert 4 pins/small screws on the 13th. It may feel close to 100% on Saturday morning, but it's going to be cold on Saturday and after 60 minutes of football, it's not a stretch to think it might be a little sore with some flexibility loss later in the game. There was pic floating around of him at WF walking around with Chad Simmons before the game last week....still looked pretty swollen to me.

I think Watson is going to do the most damage with his legs and not his arm / hand.

I saw the wrapping on his hand at the Wake game and thought it was strange that it was still wrapped. We really don't know a lot about this game ..... not that we do about others going in (VT, Miami, UNC). I still feel we are playing with house money and any outcome will be palatable as long as we play well. Not like the FLuke game this year and the VT game last year.

This year's team has never given up and pulled some games out that previous year's teams wouldn't have.

Last edited:

worthco jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I think a rusty Watson is something we NEED. If we can get an early lead, this is the kind of team that could grind it out and keep CU at arm's length the rest of the game. If this year's team were to get up 20-0 on Ugag again, the pups would have no shot.
In my humble opinion, this game is all about Mr. Watson. If he is on and they stop us for any reason, for any length of time we are cooked. If he is not on, the offense can move the ball, chew up clock and limit possessions while the youngster gets more excited and nervous then we have a chance. Personally, I don't think we can stop them. Our defense gets exposed say: Clemson 31 Tech 27. One caveat: Every point above 30 we score the chances of winning go up pretty steeply. If I am Coach Roof, I bring the house on Watson every which way I can and let the chips fall where they may.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Gonna be a shootout...but I think our defense finds a way to force a turnover and gets a couple of stops. I think their D gets a stop...but not as many as our D gets on their O.

GT - 45
Clemson - 35

JT in victory formation 5 yards outside of their endzone and CPJ refrains from putting the ball in the endzone because he's pals with Dabo.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
One thing that will factor on the score is time of possession. I think Clemson is not as good in the hurry up this year. We might be able to take advantage if they hurry up on us.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Here's another prediction....atomic will troll the chat during the game and the chat in general will be negative. I haven't made it more than about 15-20 minutes on chat during a game. Afraid I'm gonna have to put chat on ignore. That's ok though...I'll have plenty of yelling to do between downs when we are on D.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Here's another prediction....atomic will troll the chat during the game and the chat in general will be negative. I haven't made it more than about 15-20 minutes on chat during a game. Afraid I'm gonna have to put chat on ignore. That's ok though...I'll have plenty of yelling to do between downs when we are on D.
You can ignore an individual rather that the chat ;) Trust me that works better!

Declinometer

Banned
I feel like I'm eight years old and it's Christmas Eve. Can't wait until tomorrow! I think I'll go to bed at 7:30 so when I wake up it's almost game time.