This is worst case scenario for GT's chances vs Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
One more thing with regards to if we beat Clemson being seen as Clemsoning. I think we get a little more respect nationally than we sometimes give ourselves credit for. When we beat a team, I don't think it's really seen as much of an upset because we're generally seen as a team that can beat anyone in the country despite our record similar to a team like Iowa. Even our terrible 2015, it didn't feel like us beating FSU was a huge upset as much as a huge win in a dramatic fashion.

Our disrespect nationally, I believe, falls more in the line of they just don't think we can do it consistently and we could beat a Clemson and then turn around and lose to UVA which is why we don't get ranked as easily.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I usually don’t question posters bonafides but the amount of posts trying to rationalize why we should suck or do suck leads me to believe we’re either dealing with a 15yo, a mutt poser, or some entitled millennial that got shafted one too many times.

Even the 3-9 year where we had a crap ton of injuries we were in every game except for Clemson. We must be doing something right to have such terrible everything while everyone else is so fantastic yet we somehow manage to kick butts more often than not.

C’mon man act a little like a fan of GT and less like some nagging mother in law or some crazy wench that won’t go away after a 1 night fling.

MountPGT1990

Banned
Just because Cuse beat Clemson it dosent mean that we can. Look at how they beat them, Syracuse aired it out, chunking the ball all over the place, they were able to hold off that front seven and neutralize them by consistently hitting large chunk plays down the field. It was the same thing PItt was able to do against them last year.

GT is built the exact opposite. We unfortunately matchup terribly with Clemson’s defense as we play right into the strength of their defense which is their front seven. (Think Iowa game in orange bowl or LSU in peach bowl) They 100% shut us down last year in Atl, I think the last play of the half we ran for like 7 yards and that matched our total yardage for 2 quarters. Now Venables once again has another two weeks to scheme against us.

I will be 100% shocked if we top 200 yards rushing and 14 points in DV against a pissed off CU team looking to bounce back after an embarrassing loss

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Just because Cuse beat Clemson it dosent mean that we can. Look at how they beat them, Syracuse aired it out, chunking the ball all over the place, they were able to hold off that front seven and neutralize them by consistently hitting large chunk plays down the field. It was the same thing PItt was able to do against them last year.

GT is built the exact opposite. We unfortunately matchup terribly with Clemson’s defense as we play right into the strength of their defense which is their front seven. (Think Iowa game in orange bowl or LSU in peach bowl) They 100% shut us down last year in Atl, I think the last play of the half we ran for like 7 yards and that matched our total yardage for 2 quarters. Now Venables once again has another two weeks to scheme against us.

I will be 100% shocked if we top 200 yards rushing and 14 points in DV against a pissed off CU team looking to bounce back after an embarrassing loss

Blah, blah, blah, can't win, clemson pi**ed off, on and on and on, rinse and repeat. SMFH

jacob

Banned

What are you doing here if you think We suck so much? Stop spreading your negativity. Don't tell me your a damn realist anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.