This is worst case scenario for GT's chances vs Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.

MountPGT1990

Banned
What's this thread about, again?

I appreciate your participation on the board, but dang, bud... Life is too short to be so negative about something like college football.

You're what, 200 something posts in now? I haven't gone back and read every post but it sure seems like 99% of it is negative. GT is 3-1, playing well, and has a chance to get everyone's attention tomorrow. Just enjoy it.

I will enjoy it ....unless we start losing , haha.

I think a lot of my posts come off as negative but I think there’s some sound logic behind it. It’s not reasonable to think we can be an elite program when we’re just not setup to compete on a level playing field is all I’m trying to say . We can’t expect sit at the top of them mountain and have the results of the Clemson’s , Bama’s, Auburn’s, FSU’s, etc . We will never be able to run with them consistently , we may surprise them sometimes . It’s a miracle what CPJ has done against them 3-2 vs FSU and 5-5 vs Dabo, major kudos

Last edited:
I sure hope our players have a different mentality. CPJ gets the most out of his players that’s for sure. But when you talk about being an elite team and sitting on top of the mountain, etc , it’s never gonna happen at GT because of the factory schools we go up against.

Once or twice a decade we can have a special season and maybe win our Conference championship but that’s about it until the hill creates easier majors, lowers entrance standards ( neither of which will ever happen ), our budget increases ten fold , etc.

I mean for goodness sakes we’ve been the laughing stock of college football with Russell as our sponsor and our previous AD tried to fly the team to Ireland on a cargo plane to save some money . Crap like this doesn’t happen at elite programs. But I do think we’re in about as good of hands as we can be in with Stansbury and CPJ
Hate to break it to you, but it's not up to the Hill to create easier majors. Tech has tried in the past, and without exception the Ga BOR has vetoed it. It's NEVER going to happen.

I posted this on another thread, but I will post it here as well --- Mutt fans may be one of (if not the) nastiest fans in the country, but based on the garbage I read on here, Tech wins hands down in having the most defeatest fans. I go into every game thinking we are going to win, and it doesn't matter who or how good the opponent is. I think we are going to beat Miami, and in two weeks, I think we are going to beat Clemson. If I didn't feel that way, I wouldn't even bother to support the Jackets.

jacob

Banned
I sure hope our players have a different mentality. CPJ gets the most out of his players that’s for sure. But when you talk about being an elite team and sitting on top of the mountain, etc , it’s never gonna happen at GT because of the factory schools we go up against.

Once or twice a decade we can have a special season and maybe win our Conference championship but that’s about it until the hill creates easier majors, lowers entrance standards ( neither of which will ever happen ), our budget increases ten fold , etc.

I mean for goodness sakes we’ve been the laughing stock of college football with Russell as our sponsor and our previous AD tried to fly the team to Ireland on a cargo plane to save some money . Crap like this doesn’t happen at elite programs. But I do think we’re in about as good of hands as we can be in with Stansbury and CPJ
Are you a GT fan? Stop being so negative!

MountPGT1990

Banned
I posted this on another thread, but I will post it here as well --- Mutt fans may be one of (if not the) nastiest fans in the country, but based on the garbage I read on here, Tech wins hands down in having the most defeatest fans. I go into every game thinking we are going to win, and it doesn't matter who or how good the opponent is. I think we are going to beat Miami, and in two weeks, I think we are going to beat Clemson. If I didn't feel that way, I wouldn't even bother to support the Jackets.

I like Optimism, it’s not always realistic but it’s a good approach and one I need to work on for sure. Realistically I think we have a legit shot to beat UM tomorrow but I will be pretty surprised if it happens . In fact I will be estatic if it does, so I’m with ya- we can do it .

Clemson on the other hand.....Isn’t CPJ the one that always says good teams don’t lose two games in a row ? Well Clemson is a good team and we’re next and they will be pissed off looking to get back in CFP race

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I like Optimism, it’s not always realistic but it’s a good approach and one I need to work on for sure. Realistically I think we have a legit shot to beat UM tomorrow but I will be pretty surprised if it happens . In fact I will be estatic if it does, so I’m with ya- we can do it .

Clemson on the other hand.....Isn’t CPJ the one that always says good teams don’t lose two games in a row ? Well Clemson is a good team and we’re next and they will be pissed off looking to get back in CFP race

I get the pessimism. I would have rather played Clem as an undefeated #2 as well. But think of it this way. Say we beat um today, which is very likely imo. We have a nationally televised prime time game against wake next weekend, followed by, likely a prime time game against the defending natl champs at their place with no expectations. There's a lot of big opportunities in front of this team, and if we can handle our business in the national spotlight, good things will happen.

Clem is beatable. Them losing tonight doesn't mean they are immune to another loss. That crowd will be crazy in 2 weeks, but the poise that our guys have shown so far this year makes me think it won't phase us too much. First things first, we have to win today and then follow it up with another quality win.

Eli

Helluva Engineer

Honestly if we don't beat Miami I will be disappointed. I just don't think they are better than we are.

MountPGT1990

Banned
Honestly if we don't beat Miami I will be disappointed. I just don't think they are better than we are.

I will be disappointed too and had same mentality going into Tennessee game.

We were the better team by a mile and still managed to lose that one, it’s why I will actually be surprised if we leave Miami with a W + the fact that CPJ has never kept us within 14 points of the Canes at their place

MountPGT1990

Banned

Defeatist approach, may seem that way but until GT stops having seasons like 2015 and stops losing games the way they did on Labor Day then it’s probably going to happen. GT was the bitter team by a mile and we still found a way to lose to the Vols. We can pound our chests and act like world beaters but we aren’t Alabama and results consistently show that

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
Defeatist approach, may seem that way but until GT stops having seasons like 2015 and stops losing games the way they did on Labor Day then it’s probably going to happen. GT was the bitter team by a mile and we still found a way to lose to the Vols. We can pound our chests and act like world beaters but we aren’t Alabama and results consistently show that
Geez - very few teams will ever stop "having seasons like 2015" or stop "losing games" like the TN game... Clemson just had a brain-fart against Syracuse... UGag lost to Vandy last year... FSU lost to us in 2015...

If that's your standard for having a defeatist attitude, then you have no alternative, I guess...

Deleted member 2897

That didn't look good at all. I doubt he is back in two weeks. Scary few moments.

I remember when Hassan Hall first committed to Syracuse (he has since decommitted). There is research that shows football players' careers are shorter when they play on turf. Its awful. Never commit to a college team who plays on turf!

Deleted member 2897

I embrace Tech being the single most underrated, overlooked, disrespected team in all of college football. Its a modern miracle what we can do on such paltry resources. My question to you is this - are you giving money to the AT Fund? Are you showing up wearing Gold and being loud? Or are you just throwing stuff at your TV and complaining? Embrace the underdog role! I never want us to lower our standards and cut corners. Winning your conference championship twice in a decade is amazing! Schools that cheat and cut corners and recruit thugs like Miami can't even say that.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Don’t compare scores.

One game has nothing to do with another.

What good does it do to overthink this stuff?

If we are a good team it will not matter. That is how good teams handle things.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Stop being so Negative or stop being realistic and speaking truth?
I am GT fan, a BIGLy one in fact
This is your "reality" and "speaking truth"

GT vs UT prediction
GT 35 UT 24
Pitt Prediction Thread
Pitt 35 GT 34, missed extra point and we realize our D sucks again
North Carolina Game Predictions
GT 35 UNC 38 Our defense gets exposed by our Coastal Nemesis

I recommend the George Constanza solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.