There is still a chance

northgajacket

Banned
Miami, UVA, Duke, UNC and uga have had tech’s number in recent times. I would not doubt it if recent history is in the back of the players minds. Just saying that none of those games would be guarantees even with injuries or suspensions.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
True the ACC is a Train wreck but CPJ has to win his team back first.

It starts at the top and his captains aren’t producing. That trickle down effects the team. It has to start at talent and getting the most talented players on the field first and foremost. The players see and know who the guys are that have that ability.

Put the best talent on the field then develop and scheme around what they good at currently. It looks like we have high character guys starting or getting major playing time that the team really likes but aren’t athletically talented enough to be consistently effective while we have young guys who have the “it” but aren’t on the field enough. That has to change.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The ACC is general is a crap he this year .
Next week GT goes on a winstreak and becomes bowl eligible!
LoserVille looked like cap
Vpsu lost to my alma..they were winless
unCheat is bad.
Puke will be a good game here in ATl.
Let's get this train rolling!
We put 21 on the board against the #2 team in college football...

#BeatBGU
Right now i think Duke goes 9-3 and wins the ACC Coastal Division

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Put Bowling Green away and win over a very beatable Louisville and the mood around here will improve dramatically. If we do that we'll be 3-3 and looking to even up our ACC record against the Dukies, and then a win over them at home would put us right back in the Coastal race. It's an uphill climb, but doable.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Put Bowling Green away and win over a very beatable Louisville and the mood around here will improve dramatically. If we do that we'll be 3-3 and looking to even up our ACC record against the Dukies, and then a win over them at home would put us right back in the Coastal race. It's an uphill climb, but doable.
As u say the mood will change but I add it will dramatically change when
A. We beat down duke.
Or
B. Duke beats down gt.

The correct answer is A.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
While losing to ODU is exceptionally strange for VT it is not unprecedented for them to drop one they shouldn't. Thing is when VT does this they react be winning the rest of their games. I would not expect to beat them just because they lost to ODU. Oh yeah I heard Pitt lost to UNC and UNC is supposed to be horrible. Until I see our team stop fumbling, Taquan look more confident, and our special teams stop looking so crappy then I will believe we can assume some wins. Right now we are not a very good team. We lack consistency and the ability to put together a complete game.
This year, VT decided to react by kicking possibly their best defensive player off of the team. https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...064/virginia-tech-trevon-hill-kicked-off-team

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Its kind of sad that 4 games into the season we are trying to generate some hope for possibly making a bowl game. I can't see us beating VT, UGA, or Miami. That means we have to win out against UVA, BG, Duke, UNC, and Louisville. Even though none of those teams are all that great, I can't see us running all 5. Personally I think we are looking at a 3-4 win season.

I like your optimism

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I give a lot of credit for those being optimistic right now ... my problem is, I'm "not sure" optimism for the remainder of this football season is the best thing for the long-term future of our football program.

Oh, yes it is. It always is. Whatever happens, happens, but we ALL need to support the team, period. I'm "not sure" I understand what you mean by saying you're "not sure" optimism is best. You hoping we lose, or what? Spit it out.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
Every game except UGA is a toss up. BG we should roll because I expect us to come out and be sharp given our mental errors last weekend. I don’t see anyone with as large of a talent gap as Clemson. However, we have to stop the mental mistakes and fumbling the ball.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Oh, yes it is. It always is. Whatever happens, happens, but we ALL need to support the team, period. I'm "not sure" I understand what you mean by saying you're "not sure" optimism is best. You hoping we lose, or what? Spit it out.

That's why I put "not sure" in quotations, even if I wanted to I could never hope or root against GT.
Right now I'm just drained of optimism and I fear a repeat of what happened to our BBall program under CPH.
And ... maybe I'm a little angry, I always look forward to the fall and GT football and right now it seems to be taken away from me ... are you an analyst, Thanks for letting me get that off my chest (sic).

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I am as hopeful as anyone else that we turn it around. However, the fact that "the rest of the teams on our schedule stink" does not overcome the fact that through 4 games we have yet to play anything close to a complete game AND not only that, but each week we see the same (type of) mistakes being repeated over and over. Until we began to correct those errors from week to week, it is hard for me to have anything other than just "hope".

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
That's why I put "not sure" in quotations, even if I wanted to I could never hope or root against GT.
Right now I'm just drained of optimism and I fear a repeat of what happened to our BBall program under CPH.
And ... maybe I'm a little angry, I always look forward to the fall and GT football and right now it seems to be taken away from me ... are you an analyst, Thanks for letting me get that off my chest (sic).

Well, your season might be over but mine has eight games to go.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I am as hopeful as anyone else that we turn it around. However, the fact that "the rest of the teams on our schedule stink" does not overcome the fact that through 4 games we have yet to play anything close to a complete game AND not only that, but each week we see the same (type of) mistakes being repeated over and over. Until we began to correct those errors from week to week, it is hard for me to have anything other than just "hope".

Well, that's all I have, "hope". But there's reason for hope. Arguably, we could be 3-1 if not for our atrocious special teams. Two KO returns against South Florida accounted for more than the margin of defeat. And against Pitt - a missed FG and extra point, combined with the fact that we went for two because of the missed point and that adds up to the margin of defeat. Not saying that isn't part of the game, or that there isn't more we have to be concerned about. But we weren't blown out and we should be competitive against the rest of our conference schedule, so like you said, there is "hope".

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I like your optimism
I am being realistic. The team is going to have to show us something to build optimism. We looked completely inept this weekend and Pitt followed up their win against us by losing to a bad UNC team. Im not giving up. If we can take care of business against BG, then knock off Louisville and Duke then I can see some optimism building. Right now, I'm not sure where it is supposed to come from. We have lost 7 of our last 8 games against FBS opponents.