The Way Things are Shaping Up

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I don't get why a GT team with consecutive wins over #18 Clemson, #9 UGA and #3 FSU wouldn't be favored over OSU and Baylor who have played NOBODY.
Because they have 1 loss and we have 2. All 3 of us have had quality wins, close wind against bad teams, and bad loss(es). We just have 2 vs their 1 loss.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes I want Auburn to win. The sh*t was confusing since I was surprised about how easily Auburn came back. I was hoping to go to sleep now, but will have to watch the second half now........

I'd love to see no SEC in the 4 team playoff. That would accelerate going to an 8 team play off probably.

Excellent! The good news about being out here in CO, is that it is still early. I will watch if you want to go to bed. Auburn looking good!

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Because they have 1 loss and we have 2. All 3 of us have had quality wins, close wind against bad teams, and bad loss(es). We just have 2 vs their 1 loss.
The fact that unbeaten FSU has fallen in the rankings shows that this new system is all about who you beat

GTMD

Georgia Tech Fan
We're supposed to be in awe of sec defense- look at auburn, nearly shut down by uga who we owned today, putting up 42 on the "number one team in the country (Alabama)?!?! Ms state supposed other top team only scored twice on Alabama?!? And for that matter why in the thwg was auburn ranked 15???

Nate Anderson

Jolly Good Fellow
Now that Tech has beat Georgia (HELL YA!!!) I have been watching the big games and shouting "Georgia Tech Playoff Campaign 2k14!" Even though it is unlikely, I think that we're on a roll and that we will beat FSU next week which will give Tech a chance at the playoffs.

I saw an ESPN article about Tech after the Clemson game. It's headline was "Things I've Learned About College Football This Year."

The first article was "Is Georgia tech the Fly-By team for the new College Football Playoffs?"... What do you guys think?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Now that Tech has beat Georgia (HELL YA!!!) I have been watching the big games and shouting "Georgia Tech Playoff Campaign 2k14!" Even though it is unlikely, I think that we're on a roll and that we will beat FSU next week which will give Tech a chance at the playoffs.

I saw an ESPN article about Tech after the Clemson game. It's headline was "Things I've Learned About College Football This Year."

The first article was "Is Georgia tech the Fly-By team for the new College Football Playoffs?"... What do you guys think?
Even if EVERYTHING went our way, it would come at the cost of Wisconsin and Kansas State jumping ahead of us. We probably need Oregon to stay in with a win. The amount of improbabilities is so extreme. Iowa State would have to beat TCU...

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
We would need to be in the top 8 and FSU to be number 1 this week to get into the playoffs. Doubt that will happen. Too many teams to hop ahead of us.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We lost to Fluke and UNC. We won't get into the top four based on the entire season.

If we beat FSU convincingly, you could argue over the last 6 games we have shown we have grown to that level and won a Power 5 conference championship; but there are a lot of other good teams out there ...

All that is important now is beating FSU and letting things fall where they may ..... with the class coming in the future is very bright. I'm going to enjoy the UGAg smack down for a long time.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Osu lost to VT, we beat them, that should count for something, besides i think they will lose to WI next week.

If we beat FSU next weekend no other team in the country will have beaten as an impressive streak of quality teams as us......Clem, ugag, fsu.

No way baylor and tcu both get in

Conf champions are going to play huge in the mind of the committee, and conferences with a championship game will have an extra high quality win that will be fresh on the minds of the committee while the big12 champ is sitting at home