The Way Things are Shaping Up

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It looks like there are going to be 4 conference champions in the playoff. That is probably the best scenario anyway. It will be interesting to see which 4 have the best resume after the individual championship games are played.

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
Two teams out of the SEC is pretty unlikely at this point, but there could still easily be 2 teams out of the Big XII with Baylor and TCU both sitting with one loss and serving as co-champs if both win next week. For Georgia Tech to get into the playoff, they probably need 3/4 of these things to happen:

1. Beat Florida State by at least 10
2. TCU loses to Iowa State OR Baylor loses to Kansas State
3. Ohio State loses to Wisconsin
4. Alabama loses to Auburn AND Missouri

It's really not that bad of a list honestly.

Foxyg

Jolly Good Fellow
Man if auburn beats bama tonight, I wonder how the sec homers are going to spin it. Going 0-4 against the ACC and then having the top 2 teams in the west lose might finally convince some folks that maybe the SEC was a tad overrated. The SEC might get left out of the playoff altogether. That's my hope anyway.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Have you guys turned it over to the SEC network to hear theses hick *** callers on the Finebaum show? God I'm glad we aren't like this

Foxyg

Jolly Good Fellow
I've said all along that when ole miss and miss state are at the top of the western division, then by definition that division is having a down year. But I guess logic doesn't work when there's a narrative that espn is trying to push.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Like I said in another post, the four OOC losses will be reflected in the computer rankings.

We took down the third highest ranked SEC team in their won place. That is going to help us a lot this year and next year to start.

Sh*t Auburn just scored again to go back ahead ......

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Like I said in another post, the four OOC losses will be reflected in the computer rankings.

We took down the third highest ranked SEC team in their won place. That is going to help us a lot this year and next year to start.

Sh*t Auburn just scored again to go back ahead ......

GTNavy - don't we want Auburn to win. GT>>UGA>>Auburn>> Alabama?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GTNavy - don't we want Auburn to win. GT>>UGA>>Auburn>> Alabama?

Yes I want Auburn to win. The sh*t was confusing since I was surprised about how easily Auburn came back. I was hoping to go to sleep now, but will have to watch the second half now........

I'd love to see no SEC in the 4 team playoff. That would accelerate going to an 8 team play off probably.