The Toothpaste Thread | cousins may fight, but the Yellow Jacket family sticks together

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This is the @kg01 sucks thread?

Tatiana Maslany Shut Up GIF

Just hope CuseJ doesn't give me mod powers .....

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
One thing I think is being missed is that the bball hires have more coverage because CDS and Hobbs have more name recognition. They would have more publicity no matter what, because of who they are before being named. That doesn't mean that CBK and his assistant hires have less enthusiasm, just that not as many people know about them to have an opinion and voice it. Either way I am very excited about both staffs so far.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Tatiana Maslany Shut Up GIF

Just hope CuseJ doesn't give me mod powers .....
You are just like everyone else. You want in so you can make sweeping changes...drain the swamp...represent the people with no voice...make a difference...etc, etc. Well pal, you will probably end up like all others before you. Succumbing to the power, the wealth, the perks. Taking bribes via DM to ban other posters. Letting the special interest groups line your pockets while your morals and values take a back seat to the accumulation of your own personal wealth. You think you are different right? Yeah, pal, so did we...so did we. To be frank, I hated what that job made me become. On the other hand, spending my summers on my Montana ranch and my winters split between my Manhattan brownstone during the holiday season and my villa in Turks and Caicos helps me mask the pain. I have read the Inferno and I am sure you did too back in your high school days. I feel certain that me and my colleagues are destined for level 5 if my memory serves me correctly. Are you up to and willing to sell your soul for a very brief glimpse of power? It's your choice and nobody but you can make it for you.

WTBS, you can feel free to banish any and all who disparage your choice in ice cream. So there is that.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You are just like everyone else. You want in so you can make sweeping changes...drain the swamp...represent the people with no voice...make a difference...etc, etc. Well pal, you will probably end up like all others before you. Succumbing to the power, the wealth, the perks. Taking bribes via DM to ban other posters. Letting the special interest groups line your pockets while your morals and values take a back seat to the accumulation of your own personal wealth. You think you are different right? Yeah, pal, so did we...so did we. To be frank, I hated what that job made me become. On the other hand, spending my summers on my Montana ranch and my winters split between my Manhattan brownstone during the holiday season and my villa in Turks and Caicos helps me mask the pain. I have read the Inferno and I am sure you did too back in your high school days. I feel certain that me and my colleagues are destined for level 5 if my memory serves me correctly. Are you up to and willing to sell your soul for a very brief glimpse of power? It's your choice and nobody but you can make it for you.

WTBS, you can feel free to banish any and all who disparage your choice in ice cream. So there is that.
I'm both ..

Clap Reaction GIF

... and ...

idc laughing GIF

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
One thing I think is being missed is that the bball hires have more coverage because CDS and Hobbs have more name recognition. They would have more publicity no matter what, because of who they are before being named. That doesn't mean that CBK and his assistant hires have less enthusiasm, just that not as many people know about them to have an opinion and voice it. Either way I am very excited about both staffs so far.
I think you miss the point. This thread is off track and will resist every effort at reform.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
In college I coached the female independent flag football team to an intramural championship.
I was the sole invite, and as such the MVP and undisputed HWCotW, for the exclusive MidtownClassic Invite-only World Championship of the coolest coolero. We even had a ChaptGPT4 simulation of coolio give me the award.

Hip Hop Wtf GIF

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Good news is we have two HCs who know more than all of us combined.
This is a pet peeve of mine. This is a missive that we are out of our depth because we're fans and not experts like these coaches. Sadly, this isn't actually the case. Football isn't a very intellectually challenging topic and how to run a program is pretty basic common sense stuff. It's a lot of hard work to execute, but the ideas are simple as can be. Unfortunately, time and again we (and many other schools) hire coaches only capable of doing one or the other, at least given the restraints in place at the school, or neither in the case of our previous head football coach.

I've met Key. He's very close friends with one of my friends. He knows more about football than me, but he's not a genius by any stretch and he hasn't shown he knows how to hire assistants (Chip Long came at his recommendation) or get an offense to execute (here or at UCF). So, let's not get ahead of ourselves with the "more than all of us combined" nonsense.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
This is a pet peeve of mine. This is a missive that we are out of our depth because we're fans and not experts like these coaches. Sadly, this isn't actually the case. Football isn't a very intellectually challenging topic and how to run a program is pretty basic common sense stuff. It's a lot of hard work to execute, but the ideas are simple as can be. Unfortunately, time and again we (and many other schools) hire coaches only capable of doing one or the other, at least given the restraints in place at the school, or neither in the case of our previous head football coach.

I've met Key. He's very close friends with one of my friends. He knows more about football than me, but he's not a genius by any stretch and he hasn't shown he knows how to hire assistants (Chip Long came at his recommendation) or get an offense to execute (here or at UCF). So, let's not get ahead of ourselves with the "more than all of us combined" nonsense.
Someone’s a little grumpy…😏

(Emoticons!!!)

I disagree. They are professionals, and by virtue of doing what they do, they know more than we do.

I challenge you to quit your job and go demand a multimillion dollar salary. I highly doubt you’re qualified enough to warrant even a rejection letter…maybe an email from an admin, but not a letter. It’s not worth the postage. 😉

By the way, has anyone else noticed how expensive it has become to send a letter via first class mail? Dayum!

Did I do it right?

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Someone’s a little grumpy…😏

(Emoticons!!!)

I disagree. They are professionals, and by virtue of doing what they do, they know more than we do.

I challenge you to quit your job and go demand a multimillion dollar salary. I highly doubt you’re qualified enough to warrant even a rejection letter…maybe an email from an admin, but not a letter. It’s not worth the postage. 😉

By the way, has anyone else noticed how expensive it has become to send a letter via first class mail? Dayum!

Did I do it right?
The question at hand was knowledge, not qualifications. Being a good coach is about execution, not a breadth of knowledge, is my point. I, personally, would lack the drive to get everybody executing on the same page to achieve the level of success I'd find rewarding. That sounds like a lot of hard work and in your face motivation where you're having to rebuild an entire team every year (or more often now, thanks portal). I've made enough money in my 12 years since college that starting from scratch in such a high churn profession doesn't sound very appealing.