The Search

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if Jermaine Jackson is one of the kids, but I know he was supposedly offered by us last summer.
I think Jermaine will end up at a BIG10 school. His dad will have a major role in his recruiting. They are watching the UDetroit hire closely. The Ray Mccallum Jr or Rashard Phillips thing is what Jermaine Sr is selling him. UD was a great mid major under Perry Watson and could be again with the right hire.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Something to keep in mind: It's just not GT, but also the coach we're hiring that has to get things squared away. It's possible that the next coach has certain items that need to be addressed (meeting with his soon to be former employer, meeting with his players, getting the nitty gritty of a contract squared away, etc.) before he wants it out that he's leaving. It's not as simple as taking the job and letting the world know.

DaBiz

Georgia Tech Fan
Something to keep in mind: It's just not GT, but also the coach we're hiring that has to get things squared away. It's possible that the next coach has certain items that need to be addressed (meeting with his soon to be former employer, meeting with his players, getting the nitty gritty of a contract squared away, etc.) before he wants it out that he's leaving. It's not as simple as taking the job and letting the world know.

Right...and we've seen this go *** backwards before; happens more often then you think but all seems to point in the right direction...but really need everything finalized today.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Did I say you said that?

I don't see that i said you said that.

image.jpeg

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
We all know the internet is always 100% accurate. I read someone say that the NCAA has a ban on major announcements during the Final Four, so an announcement could not come until tomorrow at the earliest. Is there any truth to that? I suspect the NCAA may make this a request, but I find it hard to believe it is some sort of rule.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Right...and we've seen this go *** backwards before; happens more often then you think but all seems to point in the right direction...but really need everything finalized today.

Definitely. Nothing is ever final until we see the guy sitting at the podium with his wife beaming next to the stage. GT fans would like to see that play out sooner (like by lunch time today) than later.

Just pointing out that there's more that happens in the background that needs to get squared away before we reach that point.

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think he is, I think he's using leverage.

And if GT is considering hiring a coach based on a player who can transfer with him (and only play for one year)...then something is still really screwed up in this process

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Millions of parrots are very disturbed by this comparison. Don't be surprised if something is dropped on your shoulder soon.

:eek: Dang, bruh. We were at a theme park all day yesterday. Folks were getting dive-bombed all around me so clearly you're tuned in to the bird network. What are the parakeets saying about our hire?

I'll second that.

I think a lot of folks on here know of @DaBiz from other boards, but for those that might not, he's one of the most knowledgeable & plugged in sources out there on GT hoops. That link to his twitter is worth a click & a follow.

Totally agree here. I'd also add that 'biz plays it really blue on the twitter feed too. Earmuffs!

On the hire, I'm good with Drew. He's just about as good an up-and-comer as there was available. At least his former schools' fans actually want him to remain. Big contrast with our prior hire. Looks like me and @D-man44 got a mention on the Valpo board. Apparently we're the ugly face of what the meatgrinder of bigtime bball is?

http://www.valpofanzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=2480.100