The Search

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
To the Twitter guys, any chatter from Valparaiso players? They may let slip if there coach is leaving them as guys usually like to tell their team first before news goes public. Actually, Vandy and Tech players could also be sources for more speculation.

I find the tweets of these sports "journalists" seriously lacking in investigative effort.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
yo DaBiz, your name should be DaShiz because your updates are great!!
I'll second that.

I think a lot of folks on here know of @DaBiz from other boards, but for those that might not, he's one of the most knowledgeable & plugged in sources out there on GT hoops. That link to his twitter is worth a click & a follow.

Sheldon's

Jolly Good Fellow
Just got an update...

Agreement is in place, 2 staff members in the fold.

Finalizing and will announce after FF.

Not from one of my normal guys but I trust it.

@DaBiz based upon what you know on the assistants do you feel they are the type of guys that can effectively impact recruiting at the level needed, and are connected at the AAU level?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
To the Twitter guys, any chatter from Valparaiso players? They may let slip if there coach is leaving them as guys usually like to tell their team first before news goes public. Actually, Vandy and Tech players could also be sources for more speculation.

I find the tweets of these sports "journalists" seriously lacking in investigative effort.

I've left a "bryce drew" twitter search open and what's interesting is that there are quite a bit of Vandy fans conceding that Drew is headed to GT or they just prefer he not be the guy at Vandy. I understand why they're saying that, because they seem to be prepared to shell out a boatload across coach, facilities, etc. Doesn't mean they're not in a similar position as us in terms of program's stature.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
One of Valpo's players, Alec Peters, is AP honorable mention All-America. He graduates in Spring and still has a year of eligibility remaining. Any chance he ends up at Tech? He averaged 18.5 points and 8.5 rebounds per game.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Is he a SF or Stretch 4? Shot over 40% from deep.

Get Drew and Peters and that is an instant upgrade!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ken just posted an article reminding us he remains lacking with inside info & sources. Nice guy, but it's amazing how much better the beat writers are at so many other schools. I'm not even talking about the resources AJC throws at UGA & SEC. I'd bet Valpo has better guys on the beat.

I'm actually shocked he didn't hang his thesis on a Goodman tweet.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
In reality beat writers are only as good as the coach, AD or university (or institute) wants them to be - or at least as connected as they want them to be. Been an issue for a while.