The Search

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Boy ! There's a lot of tension on this board. I'm disappointed and have questions, but is this going to get us a coach any quicker ?

Let's lower our blood pressure some and take a wait see approach. Something (good or bad) is going to happen. I for one am getting tired of this crap but it's wasted energy.
Amy-Poehler-No.gif

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Ok...Now that I've sat down and read a little today I've seen your stuff over and over; what would you like to know? The Drew story? He confirmed it today during his damn presser, he was point blank asked if he had an offer on the table from GT and said yes; this while MBob was telling 680 that no one had turned him down and was zeroing in on his #1 guy, yeah sure 12 days later.

Also, reported was Drew was putting a staff together and bringing Powell with him...guess who was at the presser today? Powell.

Everything reported was happening from my end, I can't say the same for all sites...Vandy just ended up the end destination once they missed on their targets.

I wanted Bryce when it was reasonable, not paying him more than PJ though.

Well, I suppose if Drew said it, along with implications from ugagers ATL media, it must be true.

No need for MBob to tell the truth. Everyone knows he is a pathological liar, right?

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, I suppose if Drew said it, along with implications from ugagers ATL media, it must be true.

No need for MBob to tell the truth. Everyone knows he is a pathological liar, right?

They could both be telling the truth. Drew could've had an offer, then asked for a higher number, which GT refused to give, at which point he went to Vandy.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
Some recruits showed up at McCamish today. Tweeted this

View attachment 1545
This is not good. This is really not good.

I am in favor of letting MBob do the job he was hired to do, professionally, quietly, and legally. But in today's world of instantaneous social communication, we all know perception is reality.

If we want our new guy, whoever it is, to have a prayer of starting a difficult rebuilding job as quickly and as well as possible, we need someone to make a professional statement -- even if it doesn't say anything -- to offset the damage tweets, vines and snaps like this one will do to our present and future recruits' outlook on our program.