The Search

BeeRBee

Jolly Good Fellow
From a Nashville hoops writer

I will say that when I read this Forbes interview with Drew, after this quote from Bobinski:

“I would tell you this. From sort of the personal characteristic side, if I could have all of what Brian brought, I’d take all of that again. There’s very little, if anything there that I would do differently. He was as standup a guy and as first class and high integrity an individual as you could ever hope for – represented himself, our program, Georgia Tech, the Georgia Tech community in an absolutely first-class way. I don’t want to give up any of that."

it sounded like Drew might be a top target. I know you could probably make that case for a lot of coaches, but seeing that article struck me.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is what happens when you strike out a lot...Vandy is all over the place.

Nothing has changed that I've heard.

Vandy is certainly a good job, but they're aiming a lot higher, hopefully for a big splash.

From every indication, MBob is working to close his top choice, Drew, that was identified long ago, while Vandy seems to still be figuring out what they're trying to accomplish.

Would Vandy be attractive to Drew? Probably. However, they don't seem to be moving decisively and with purpose in his direction.

I don't know anything here, just my perception.

DaBiz

Georgia Tech Fan
Vandy still thinks they are getting Gregg Marshall...who knows with them, they have definitely been aiming high and sound like they want to break the bank for Marshall/upgrade facilities.

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
Based on the last week, whatever my current perception is will likely change dramatically over the next 12 hours.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow

More Drew to Vandy chatter -
MBob may end up with serious egg on his face
I hope not

I guess it's just someone turning Goodman tweet into a news story, not a real story

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I am not worried. I think Capel going public with his withdrawing means a decision has been made. I think Vandy trying hard to push the Drew story as leverage for their real candidate. I have no reason to believe we won't get Drew.
Now if something crazy happens and we somehow lose Drew then MBob will be in BIG trouble!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just got an update...

Agreement is in place, 2 staff members in the fold.

Finalizing and will announce after FF.

Not from one of my normal guys but I trust it.

Either of the staff members holdovers from the prior staff?