The Search

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well, Valpo just blew a 16 point lead*. Wonder if they will hang on.

*Game is still going on and I know it's just one game. Just a bad omen imo.

Sadly I agree, kinda reminds me of watching a BG lead GT team blow a big lead at half because they couldn't counter the opposing teams adjustments. Unlike when I watched Capel outcoach BG this year when he adjusted and Duke destroyed us in 2nd half.

There is a big part of me that says get Capel bc you know he can recruit atl and nationally. His x's and o's are good enough.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Sadly I agree, kinda reminds me of watching a BG lead GT team blow a big lead at half because they couldn't counter the opposing teams adjustments. Unlike when I watched Capel outcoach BG this year when he adjusted and Duke destroyed us in 2nd half.

There is a big part of me that says get Capel bc you know he can recruit atl and nationally. His x's and o's are good enough.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I'm glad MBob didn't judge Gregory on the UVA game we won or he might still be the coach. Meanwhile Valpo won its 29th game of the season tonight.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't think it is falling on the deaf and blind. I haven't really seen anyone say hell no to Drew. Several are like me that would prefer Capel but if it is Drew I ain't charging the AA in protest.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I'm not very excited about either guy honestly. I would be okay with both, but I would really prefer Chris Mack, Archie Miller, and I really wouldn't mind Jay Laranaga at all. I know he's a "stretch" or a "risk" as some would say, but the guy can coach and I'm sure he's learned something from his father. Those would be my top 3 at this point since I've been doing some research today. If we're going after someone with no experience in a big conference I would rather have a guy with NBA experience than a guy with small mid major experience. MBob has done a really good job with this in the past, so I trust him to make the right choice. We need it.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
What reference you are using when you say Laranaga Jr. can coach?
Him leading a D league team to the most wins in it's history and the most call ups in D league history. Also watching the Celtics play... He was a candidate to replace Doc before they got Stevens, so I'm just assuming he can coach based on those clues.