The Pros and Cons for 2017

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Can we get a PASS RUSH on 3rd and long please.
achilles-heel.jpg
FIFY
I'd rather be in Nickel or Dime or Dollar on 3rd and long anyway. In that case we won't be relying very much on LB-coverage.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone remember when Bae Bae would cut inside for a crack back block on toss plays instead of blocking the corner? I hope we see some of this from our WR in 2017.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
FIFY
I'd rather be in Nickel or Dime or Dollar on 3rd and long anyway. In that case we won't be relying very much on LB-coverage.
Hopefully our safeties aren't back peddling at the snap on 3rd and long. I've never understood them starting at the first down sticks and back peddling immediately. I've alway thought you should play the sticks, but of course never let them get behind you. I was watching a game from last year and Gray and Griffin both did this on a 3rd and long, they got a 1st down right behind the sticks and both safeties were a good bit behind the WR/sticks.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
My pick for breakout player on defense are
Branch
Grey
St. Armour
Adams
In that order.
Good picks, I think Vic with more playing time could have a good year and also Mitchell. Mitchell was a little confusing to me last year, he would have a very good game and then seem non existent, and getting washed out in other games.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Very, very few can, and usually we don't get any of those guys, but hopefully I am wrong and we have one now in Swilling.
I believe Kaleb Oliver or Jaquan Henderson will be able to do that. Both of those guys are gonna be special. BJS will also be very good, we have several very athletic guys coming in with good size. Last years class is gonna be pivotal for our defense on the back 7 and this years class will be for the front 4.