The Official 2020 Color Debate Thread

I wish, sir. And I am so computer illiterate to even know how to begin to link stuff like that.

I just remember Battle had nailed Frederickson in a perfect tackle with his hat square in the chest and had frederickson off the ground with a grimace on his face.

Those shirts that day were actually more yellow than gold. No doubt textile technology of the day prevented a closer match.
I Googled everything I could think to Google concerning it, and all I came up with was mostly irrelevant photos and links.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I Googled everything I could think to Google concerning it, and all I came up with was mostly irrelevant photos and links.

Well sir, you inspired me to investigate!

I went to google and typed in - John Battle tackling Tucker Frederickson

That led to a lot of references of Frederickson. For those that don’t know he was really a good player.

But it also referenced the website issuu.com. That pulled up a GA TECH Alumni Assn. magazine article. Vol. 44 No. 1 1965.

It went straight to the pictures I remembered. Sadly, the article shows them in B&W. But you can tell they were Gold shirts. They look a lot better here than they did in reality. As I said, I remember them as being very yellow and almost clashing with the hats.

And, yes, no doubt that was black trim then. Alas, days gone by.

Edit: being the dummy I yam- I use Bing not google. Don’t know if that will make a diff.

Edit the Edit: I also remember the headline for the picture in the paper - “How to Battle an All American”. Clever boys those guys.

Last edited:
Well sir, you inspired me to investigate!

I went to google and typed in - John Battle tackling Tucker Frederickson

That led to a lot of references of Frederickson. For those that don’t know he was really a good player.

But it also referenced the website issuu.com. That pulled up a GA TECH Alumni Assn. magazine article. Vol. 44 No. 1 1965.

It went straight to the pictures I remembered. Sadly, the article shows them in B&W. But you can tell they were Gold shirts. They look a lot better here than they did in reality. As I said, I remember them as being very yellow and almost clashing with the hats.

And, yes, no doubt that was black trim then. Alas, days gone by.

Edit: being the dummy I yam- I use Bing not google. Don’t know if that will make a diff.

Edit the Edit: I also remember the headline for the picture in the paper - “How to Battle an All American”. Clever boys those guys.
I only use the word "Google" as a generic term; I actually use DuckDuckGo for my searches.
How did you find that particular magazine article in issuu.com? I don't see any kind of search mechanism on that site.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I only use the word "Google" as a generic term; I actually use DuckDuckGo for my searches.
How did you find that particular magazine article in issuu.com? I don't see any kind of search mechanism on that site.

Well, in the blank search bar (for Bing) i typed - John Battle tackling Tucker Frederickson.

It had the GT Alum Assn magazine article as the main headline (if you will) above the smaller typed words showing issuu.com.

Sorry i don't know how to link it. Or explain it better. My bad.

I would say , if really interested, just type -John Battle tackling Tucker Frederickson and it should pull up everything it did for me.

Well, in the blank search bar (for Bing) i typed - John Battle tackling Tucker Frederickson.

It had the GT Alum Assn magazine article as the main headline (if you will) above the smaller typed words showing issuu.com.

Sorry i don't know how to link it. Or explain it better. My bad.

I would say , if really interested, just type -John Battle tackling Tucker Frederickson and it should pull up everything it did for me.
I still don't get it. I will just take your word for it.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Could’ve easily just given out white and gold shirts. So weird how they are pushing navy blue

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I used to go to the Atlanta Public Library for GT research. They had files of actual AJC newspapers going way back. They may have put them in a computer version since then.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Could’ve easily just given out white and gold shirts. So weird how they are pushing navy blue

I’m guessing they’ll be 250 of each color, probably with the same variation of sizes. If that’s true I’d be willing to bet that the white and navy options are gone before the gold is.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I’m guessing they’ll be 250 of each color, probably with the same variation of sizes. If that’s true I’d be willing to bet that the white and navy options are gone before the gold is.
Except the gold apparel sells out the fastest online and in store every single time. So don’t know about that one

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Except the gold apparel sells out the fastest online and in store every single time. So don’t know about that one

I can tell you from being in the apparel business, that gold anything is produced in much lower quantities than navy and/or white. And bookstore employees, along with Adidas reps have said things to validate this. Heck, Adidas.com under Georgia Tech is almost exclusively navy. With even a navy blue with green apparel option.

https://www.adidas.com/us/georgia_tech

So when/if gold sells out, it’s more than likely because much, much less is made.