The Official 2020 Color Debate Thread

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
What color should that be?
In the words of supersize, “literally anything but navy blue. Black, gray, red, purple, green. Just not navy blue.” For real, super will say black, others will say navy. I think navy is more closely tied to GT than black is.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
The only problem I had with the gold jerseys in that spring game was that the numerals needed to be outlined to be more easily read.
They were fine supersize lol. I think we could all live with the numerals being a little hard to read if they actually wore gold and white

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
White, gold, black, blue ... let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. That's the only way to become what you are meant to be.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Since for unknown reasons they have been cramming blue down our throats since the late 80s, I guess it should be blue. But I would prefer it be black, as it was on Dodd's uniforms. Of course, he never used gold jerseys, but the trim on the white jerseys, helmets, and "yellow britches" was always black.

Dodd DID use “Gold” jersies. At least once in a game vs Auburn at Legion Field.

The jersies were Awful. A true piss yellow and clashed like crazy with the solid Gold hats.

Remember the picture in the paper of GT great John Battle tackling auburn great Tucker Frederickson.

It was a classic shot.

Dodd DID use “Gold” jersies. At least once in a game vs Auburn at Legion Field.

The jersies were Awful. A true piss yellow and clashed like crazy with the solid Gold hats.

Remember the picture in the paper of GT great John Battle tackling auburn great Tucker Frederickson.

It was a classic shot.
I didn't go to away games when I was in school, so I wasn't aware of that, and I don't remember that photo. Do you have a link for it?

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Just go back to what I consider the golden age of Tech uniforms (98-01) to find the best gold jerseys.

key002 (1).jpg

key002 (1).jpg
gettyimages-72557136-612x612.jpg

bcs1.jpg

mifl-lg-portis-0101.jpg

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I didn't go to away games when I was in school, so I wasn't aware of that, and I don't remember that photo. Do you have a link for it?

I wish, sir. And I am so computer illiterate to even know how to begin to link stuff like that.

I just remember Battle had nailed Frederickson in a perfect tackle with his hat square in the chest and had frederickson off the ground with a grimace on his face.

Those shirts that day were actually more yellow than gold. No doubt textile technology of the day prevented a closer match.