The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it was next Adidas was going to outfit our entire athletic dept and Nike only wanted Football, Men/Women basketball and Baseball. UA is falling off the radar. They were a distant 3rd.

Yet have far better quality than adidas, and more often that not, Nike as well. But, we have what we have.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Yet have far better quality than adidas, and more often that not, Nike as well. But, we have what we have.
For what it’s worth, I think Under Armour does a much better job with their golds than Adidas and Nike both do. See UCLA and Notre Dame for examples. They both have that deeper, old gold look to them. Where a lot of Adidas and Nike golds are more of the “Vegas gold,” which is basically pale or faded yellow, or closer to brown like khaki. UA also seems to be more in tune with tradition (see Auburn, UCLA, Notre Dame), but also creates a lot of alternates (see South Carolina, Cincinnati, and Notre Dame). I do think Adidas has more of a “cool” factor around it, and there’s a lot of stuff they do that I and many others like. But because adidas is considered more of a lifestyle brand than Nike or UA, I think they suffer in consistency from the sheer volume of different groups of consumers they have.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
For what it’s worth, I think Under Armour does a much better job with their golds than Adidas and Nike both do. See UCLA and Notre Dame for examples. They both have that deeper, old gold look to them. Where a lot of Adidas and Nike golds are more of the “Vegas gold,” which is basically pale or faded yellow, or closer to brown like khaki. UA also seems to be more in tune with tradition (see Auburn, UCLA, Notre Dame), but also creates a lot of alternates (see South Carolina, Cincinnati, and Notre Dame). I do think Adidas has more of a “cool” factor around it, and there’s a lot of stuff they do that I and many others like. But because adidas is considered more of a lifestyle brand than Nike or UA, I think they suffer in consistency from the sheer volume of different groups of consumers they have.

I definitely think UA's gold is better. I've said before (I think even in this thread) that the best polo in the bookstore is the gold UA polo. I have that one, and it's my favorite gold GT shirt. Fit, feel, and look of the material is light years beyond any other offered from our bookstore/official store. I would have loved to see UA GT uniforms.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Not Adidas related, but the Costco at Perimeter has high back GT tailgate chairs for $14.97. They started out at $45 but I’ve been waiting and waiting and they’re finally down to $14.97. There are probably 10 or 12 left if you are interested. I picked up 2.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Okie dokie...I’ve dealt with all 3 companies for many years, and never, ever seen the constant quality issues that Adidas has with UA. UA has a predictable and consistent cut and fit as well. I’ve had many, many more happy customers with UA than with adidas.
I just like adidas' stuff better, and also like their uniforms better.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Basketball Swingman Warm-Up climacool Full-Zip now available on Fanatics sites (was already available through bookstore)
https://www.ramblinwreckstore.com/m...9048-2192586955?_ref=p-CLP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0
thumb.aspx

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Still discounting at ****'s.

Even though all their adidas stuff is navy, they have had a few stackable 30% off coupons the past week. Which have brought the tee shirts down to the $12 per range, hoodies and polos down to around $30 or less. Needless to say I’ve added some navy to the closet. And the Cape Day Onyx Gray jersey down to less than $60.

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Even though all their adidas stuff is navy, they have had a few stackable 30% off coupons the past week. Which have brought the tee shirts down to the $12 per range, hoodies and polos down to around $30 or less. Needless to say I’ve added some navy to the closet. And the Cape Day Onyx Gray jersey down to less than $60.
What are the stackable coupons?

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Under Armour's ND stuff is the best gold in sports uniforms.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
What are the stackable coupons?

I don’t see any current coupons, but the past week there have been two different 30% coupons that discounted down from the already 30% discount. So again, it put the tee shirts at $12 or under, and the other adidas stuff at or just below a total of 50% original price. I bought about $200 worth of stuff, lol. Always need workout gear.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
The New Orleans Saint's color rush jersey has a great gold color
View attachment 7050
I hate the Saints, but I love that uniform. It has been brought up before but that is what a Georgia Tech uniform should look like. But since that is a specialty uniform originally made to be worn during prime time games, I don’t think Nike can reproduce that color to provide an entire athletic department with gear. Notre Dame’s UA gold stays consistent across the board, they even take their gold chrome domes to the baseball field.